Tru-Blood Drink

Bit of an odd question but does anyone know how heavily HBO are going to market the new Tru-Blood drink or know if it is going to be available everywhere? I love the show and was thinking of getting a few bottles to keep as collectable merchandise BUT I have also seen that Southern Comfort are trying to "encourage" people to use it as a mixer with their drink (although at nearly £6 a bottle, it is rather pricey).

In other words, I don't want to go out and buy it and then it turns out to be something that you can buy from Tesco - sort of makes it less collectable. I don't mind paying £6 a bottle if it is a collectable piece, but if they are going to sell it everywhere, it sort of takes away the point and it becomes just a very expensive fizzy drink!

10 Comments

]this?

doubt it will be collectable

Original Poster

numptyj;8366115

this?http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/13618846/True-Blood-Bottled-True-Blood-Drink/Product.html?&_$ja=tsid:11518|cc:|prd:13618846|cat:Film+Memorabilia#doubt it will be collectable

Yeap, that would be it.

Why do you think it won't be collectable? I think it is a pretty cool bit of merchandise.

Banned

What about IRN-TRU ?

kimbyanne;8366130

Yeap, that would be it. Why do you think it won't be collectable? I … Yeap, that would be it. Why do you think it won't be collectable? I think it is a pretty cool bit of merchandise.

well I when I think of collectable I think of something that you will try and sell in years to come??

I couldn't see anyone buying this in years to come for lots of money why not buy a bottle, drink it and keep the bottle? lol

Original Poster

numptyj;8366145

well I when I think of collectable I think of something that you will try … well I when I think of collectable I think of something that you will try and sell in years to come??I couldn't see anyone buying this in years to come for lots of money why not buy a bottle, drink it and keep the bottle? lol

True. Although I like the idea of keeping them sealed despite the fact the drink will go off eventually. I know it doesn't seem like a collectable but there are some very weird collectables out there.

Take a punt, it's only £6.

Had some at the World Horror conventions a couple of weeks back. I can see why the vampires prefer the real thing, it was terrible. I'm sure real blood doesn't have that much sugar in it. . .

steve1221;8366467

Had some at the World Horror conventions a couple of weeks back. I can … Had some at the World Horror conventions a couple of weeks back. I can see why the vampires prefer the real thing, it was terrible. I'm sure real blood doesn't have that much sugar in it. . .

Depends on how many sweets the person has eaten before!

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;8366430

£4.99http://forbiddenplanet.com/49511-true-blood-tru-blood-drink-single/?utm_source=googleps&utm_medium=comparison

It is cheaper at Play at there is no postage whereas that site charged £1 per item.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona12
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764038
    3. Pink Balls24
    4. Avoiding the adds on the desktop client for the Spotify free account812

See more discussions