True 4k TV

Found 7th Jan
Hi looking for a new TV budget is max £550 for the right set. Was thinking of 4k TV and was looking at 2 options below.

KD 49XE8077 or LG 49SJ810V I have just seen that the LG may not be a 4k and have a old panel if this makes sense. I will be sitting about 5 or 6 foot away, I don't need anything bigger than a 49.

Open to any other TV make.

Any help would love to hear thanks.
Community Updates
AskElectronics
10 Comments
No true 4k at that price
oliverkennedy102 m ago

No true 4k at that price

Any idea what I would pay to get that cheers
LG may not be a 4k and have a old panel if this makes sense

That doesn't make sense. The LG is a 4k panels because it has the correct resolution. My brother has that exact TV and I think you are referring to the 810 being a 8 + 2 bit panel whereas the 800 is a proper 10 bit panel. The 810 doesn't have an old none 4K panel, it just isn't 10 bit, which isn't a massive problem at only 49". The Samsung MU7000 is 8 bit at 49", but 10 bit at 55", 65" and 75".
Edited by: "MIDURIX" 7th Jan
oliverkennedy102 h, 45 m ago

No true 4k at that price

of course you can

Hisense do 'proper 4K', as do a lot of the Vestel/UMC rebadges
'True 4K' isn't a very helpful description, different people will take it to mean different things.

In terms of actual picture quality rather than technology what is it that concerns you?

If it's lack of detail then any TV will do, you'll see more difference between image processing than the display hardware there.
EndlessWaves13 m ago

'True 4K' isn't a very helpful description, different people will take it …'True 4K' isn't a very helpful description, different people will take it to mean different things.In terms of actual picture quality rather than technology what is it that concerns you?If it's lack of detail then any TV will do, you'll see more difference between image processing than the display hardware there.

Was looking to watch some 4k content and get the best picture possible, as well as trying to future proof it if it makes sense cheers. Get the most out of blu rays etc also.
icemanste14 h, 15 m ago

Was looking to watch some 4k content and get the best picture possible, …Was looking to watch some 4k content and get the best picture possible, as well as trying to future proof it if it makes sense cheers. Get the most out of blu rays etc also.

If you're not after any particular set of trade-offs then you can ignore the ins and outs of the technology, just go for whatever seems to have the best picture quality when you look at it.
EndlessWaves9 h, 49 m ago

If you're not after any particular set of trade-offs then you can ignore …If you're not after any particular set of trade-offs then you can ignore the ins and outs of the technology, just go for whatever seems to have the best picture quality when you look at it.

Would you suggest go for the LG 49SJ810V I mentioned or go for a Samsung that is certified UHD. Cheers
icemanste19 m ago

Would you suggest go for the LG 49SJ810V I mentioned or go for a Samsung …Would you suggest go for the LG 49SJ810V I mentioned or go for a Samsung that is certified UHD. Cheers

All 4K TVs are UHD certified. I presume you're looking at the MU6400?

I'd probably go for the Sony XE80 out of those three, although the LG SJ800* is probably better than the Samsung, although if you want better blacks for watching in dim lighting then consider a model like the Hisense N6800 or Panasonic EX700 instead.

*The SJ810 is the Currys model number, and I wouldn't be keen on buying from them myself.
EndlessWaves22 m ago

All 4K TVs are UHD certified. I presume you're looking at the MU6400?I'd …All 4K TVs are UHD certified. I presume you're looking at the MU6400?I'd probably go for the Sony XE80 out of those three, although the LG SJ800* is probably better than the Samsung, although if you want better blacks for watching in dim lighting then consider a model like the Hisense N6800 or Panasonic EX700 instead. *The SJ810 is the Currys model number, and I wouldn't be keen on buying from them myself.

Thanks again for the info
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions