Groups

trump put jobs before environment

So what dose misc have to say about this?

Was it the right thing to do?

Is protecting jobs more important than protecting the environment?

Shouldn't one of the biggest contributors to toxins the USA lead by example to reduce this?

Was the Paris agreement worth the paper it's written on?

iflscience.com/env…is/

Top comments

After a quick look at the Paris Agreement it seems like a waste of time.

It appears that each country can set their own targets, with no timeline for when they actually set those targets, they aren't legally binding, and they will incur no penalties or punishment if those targets are missed.

Edited by: "DKLS" 2nd Jun

IMHO Trump has done the right thing for the American people
    The Paris Agreement was flawed in China and India's benefit.
    Yes America has gas guzzling / rollin' coal vehicles and other polluting issues but they still have plans to reduce emissions etc but compare theirs to China and India who pump out so much carp the likes of Beijing and New Delhi with their daily smog/haze and America is expected to cough up $millions to help China and India whilst they continue to produce cheap products, using child labour, in unsafe working conditions - I get Trump on this one.

philphil61

IMHO Trump has done the right thing for the American peopleThe Paris … IMHO Trump has done the right thing for the American peopleThe Paris Agreement was flawed in China and India's benefit. Yes America has gas guzzling / rollin' coal vehicles and other polluting issues but they still have plans to reduce emissions etc but compare theirs to China and India who pump out so much carp the likes of Beijing and New Delhi with their daily smog/haze and America is expected to cough up $millions to help China and India whilst they continue to produce cheap products, using child labour, in unsafe working conditions - I get Trump on this one.

You can always tell the posters who don't have an investment in the next generation's future.

China has actually stuck to it's targets and I believe it's ahead of schedule.

Someone tweeted that Trump is abandoning Netflix to bring jobs back to Blockbuster - he's looking to the past and ignoring the opportunities of the future. It's simply put, bad business.
    60 Comments

The Paris agreement seems by all accounts to be having a positive effect and Trump is an idiot for dropping it.

Economically it's ridiculous because green jobs are the future but it's not about economics with Trump.

Fortunately though, there seems to be a worldwide consensus that will survive America's withdrawal. China is investing massively in renewables and Macron has show true leadership on this matter. What this signals is America withdrawing from leading the world and a new alliance possibly forming between China and the EU, as well as possibly India.

Where that leaves the UK I'm not sure.

IMHO Trump has done the right thing for the American people
    The Paris Agreement was flawed in China and India's benefit.
    Yes America has gas guzzling / rollin' coal vehicles and other polluting issues but they still have plans to reduce emissions etc but compare theirs to China and India who pump out so much carp the likes of Beijing and New Delhi with their daily smog/haze and America is expected to cough up $millions to help China and India whilst they continue to produce cheap products, using child labour, in unsafe working conditions - I get Trump on this one.

philphil61

IMHO Trump has done the right thing for the American peopleThe Paris … IMHO Trump has done the right thing for the American peopleThe Paris Agreement was flawed in China and India's benefit. Yes America has gas guzzling / rollin' coal vehicles and other polluting issues but they still have plans to reduce emissions etc but compare theirs to China and India who pump out so much carp the likes of Beijing and New Delhi with their daily smog/haze and America is expected to cough up $millions to help China and India whilst they continue to produce cheap products, using child labour, in unsafe working conditions - I get Trump on this one.

You can always tell the posters who don't have an investment in the next generation's future.

China has actually stuck to it's targets and I believe it's ahead of schedule.

Someone tweeted that Trump is abandoning Netflix to bring jobs back to Blockbuster - he's looking to the past and ignoring the opportunities of the future. It's simply put, bad business.

Short term solution for the job shortage. Yes India and China have been polluting more than others, but the aim was to help them develop to the same levels as the west whilst reducing their reliance on coal. That was working too, both China and India have invested heavily in the renewables sector to the point that renewable energy is now cheaper than coal in India.

In all honesty I can't see American public being up in arms about this though. They elected him, they knew what they were getting.

Humans have messed up the planet that sustains them so only have themselves to blame when they suffer/ die because of their greed.

Dinosaurs had more brains than the human race.

After a quick look at the Paris Agreement it seems like a waste of time.

It appears that each country can set their own targets, with no timeline for when they actually set those targets, they aren't legally binding, and they will incur no penalties or punishment if those targets are missed.

Edited by: "DKLS" 2nd Jun

larrylightweight

So what dose misc have to say about this?

There is no proof that climate change is anything other than a natural cycle.
    larrylightweight

Was it the right thing to do?

Yes
    larrylightweight

Is protecting jobs more important than protecting the environment?

In this case yes however there are plenty of other environmental issues that I would say no.
    larrylightweight

Shouldn't one of the biggest contributors to toxins the USA lead by … Shouldn't one of the biggest contributors to toxins the USA lead by example to reduce this?]

CO2 is not a toxin.
    larrylightweight

Was the Paris agreement worth the paper it's written on?

No, it was based on flawed data.

123thisisme

There is no proof that climate change is anything other than a natural … There is no proof that climate change is anything other than a natural cycle.

The anti-vaxxer is also a climate change denier.

Proving my point about the posters who don't care about or have any investment in the next generation. X)

I'll take the word of the 150+ nations signed up to this over a couple of air heads on misc.
    This is to protect future generations. It makes Trump look weak and unites the rest of the world and isolates America.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

The anti-vaxxer is also a climate change denier.

There is no proof that climate change is anything other than a natural cycle. That's not denying climate change.

Isn't trump a climate change denier?

Also why should he care about air quality, won't affect him on his golf course as much as a man living by busy roads in New York.

They voted for a selfish professional cowpooper they got exactly what they voted for.

This whole thing about jobs is a load of rubbish. What about the job creation in renewables and other forms of energy production, economic (as well a other) benefits to cleaner air, etc. etc.
    It's all about saving face and lobbyists.

123thisisme

There is no proof that climate change is anything other than a natural … There is no proof that climate change is anything other than a natural cycle. That's not denying climate change.

There is also no proof that it is. Not only do you not seem to understand science, you don't understand the scientific method. By the same methodology you've employed, we can't prove that climate change isn't due to God having flatulence. We'd simply have to ignore a lot of existing science and common sense.

philphil61

They are pumping out polution to provide cheap products to the west, if companies like Apple produced their products in America they would take a massive hit on their products due to he increased cost of production, a case of passing it on and watching sales slide, or taking the hit and watching profits drop.

We are in a unsustainable world of cannibalistic consumerism looking to sink its teeth into the next easy third world target who will be abandoned once they advance. Look at Japan that used to be discribed as a nation of sandal wearing backwards people as such their labour was exploited for years until their economy grow and they were no longer a source of cheap labour and cheap products.

123thisisme

There is no proof that climate change is anything other than a natural … There is no proof that climate change is anything other than a natural cycle. That's not denying climate change.

Yes and the moon landing is fake too.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Not only do you not seem to understand science, you don't understand the … Not only do you not seem to understand science, you don't understand the scientific method.

The scientific method of fudging data to fit you mean?

123thisisme

Tin foil hats at the ready!

dtovey89

Tin foil hats at the ready!

I've told you before, tin foil is useless, mine is lead.

CoeK

Yes and the moon landing is fake too.

Er, no it wasn't.

philphil611 h, 0 m ago

IMHO Trump has done the right thing for the American peopleThe Paris …IMHO Trump has done the right thing for the American peopleThe Paris Agreement was flawed in China and India's benefit. Yes America has gas guzzling / rollin' coal vehicles and other polluting issues but they still have plans to reduce emissions etc but compare theirs to China and India who pump out so much carp the likes of Beijing and New Delhi with their daily smog/haze and America is expected to cough up $millions to help China and India whilst they continue to produce cheap products, using child labour, in unsafe working conditions - I get Trump on this one.

It's not flawed, it was supposed to be in their interest, they are developing 2nd world countries and to regulate them now would destroy their economies and then ours since they provide all our goods for cheap. They will be subject to greater restrictions as time goes on, they are also cutting from a much higher level and are world leader's in renewable development. The US however is a developed first world nation and supposedly the richest country in the world, yet miles behind the rest of the first world on emissions.

123thisisme

What university do you work at?

123thisisme26 m ago

There is no proof that climate change is anything other than a natural …There is no proof that climate change is anything other than a natural cycle. That's not denying climate change.

But there is, it's called science.

catbeans

But there is, it's called science.

Its called science if you accept that science is based on flawed data.

Our Teresa May is not signing to condem Trump's policy.
    Why don't we pull out as well innit, what about me me me.

I used to think this was a ploy by people with vested interest but now I'm convinced pollution has a significant affect on global warming. There's Syria and another country who are not in the global agreement and now USA as well.
    Whilst we condem the countries that are given bigger quotas to polute so they can expand but we forget that we ( especially America ) in our Industrial Age , polluted a lot more.

dtovey89

I'll take the word of the 150+ nations signed up to this over a couple of … I'll take the word of the 150+ nations signed up to this over a couple of air heads on misc.This is to protect future generations. It makes Trump look weak and unites the rest of the world and isolates America.

Well said

China and India have no interest in becoming eco friendly, there is an, albeit twisted, logic in joining them.

davewave

China and India have no interest in becoming eco friendly, there is an, … China and India have no interest in becoming eco friendly, there is an, albeit twisted, logic in joining them.

That's the type of thing that was correct maybe five years ago. Fact is China is investing massively in renewables because that's the technology of tomorrow.

This is about Trump keeping a promise to people who rely on outdated industries when there's more jobs and money in green tech,

123thisisme

Its called science if you accept that science is based on flawed data.

no its nothing to do with data, it comes down to very basic science. Humans (and our animals) produce greenhouse gases, greenhouse gases heat up heating up the earth. Its GCSE level science.

Joey.Bloggsy

Our Teresa May is not signing to condem Trump's policy.Why don't we pull … Our Teresa May is not signing to condem Trump's policy.Why don't we pull out as well innit, what about me me me.I used to think this was a ploy by people with vested interest but now I'm convinced pollution has a significant affect on global warming. There's Syria and another country who are not in the global agreement and now USA as well.Whilst we condem the countries that are given bigger quotas to polute so they can expand but we forget that we ( especially America ) in our Industrial Age , polluted a lot more.

I think you should set an example and be the first to declare you will never own a motor vehicle again.

catbeans

no its nothing to do with data, it comes down to very basic science. … no its nothing to do with data, it comes down to very basic science. Humans (and our animals) produce greenhouse gases, greenhouse gases heat up heating up the earth. Its GCSE level science.

Medieval warming period, our climate warmed for about 200 years with out any input from humans (or their animals).

123thisisme

Medieval warming period, our climate warmed for about 200 years with out … Medieval warming period, our climate warmed for about 200 years with out any input from humans (or their animals).

3 seconds to fact check you.

newscientist.com/art…and

123thisisme

I've told you before, tin foil is useless, mine is lead.

Lead is less reflective so won't help

123thisisme

Medieval warming period, our climate warmed for about 200 years with out … Medieval warming period, our climate warmed for about 200 years with out any input from humans (or their animals).

So how does that effect greenhouse gases we have been putting out since the industrial age?
    Edited by: "catbeans" 2nd Jun

123thisisme

Heating aside you can't claim our air quality isnt crap and causing early deaths. There's more to the crap we a pumping out then heating the world.

Error440

Lead is less reflective so won't help

Its not about reflection its the attenuation factor.

I've not got a problem with the Paris accord so long as everybody is playing by the same rules, which is not the case or fair

Error440

Heating aside you can't claim our air quality isnt crap and causing early … Heating aside you can't claim our air quality isnt crap and causing early deaths. There's more to the crap we a pumping out then heating the world.

Completely agree there is a lot worse things than co2.

123thisisme

Completely agree there is a lot worse things than co2.

Oh I'm not saying one is worse just that it all needs addressing, we have the technology for cleaner energy its time we invested in it

Original Poster

Ok only fair I comment on this myself after reading the comments and doing a little bit of research the only point I agree with is the Paris agreement might be a little flawed in places but it's a start at tackling an issue which benefits us all. Countries pulling together to make a difference can only be a good thing. But the overall and best factor is investment in a new low-carbon future bringing more advanced new tech jobs to the market. I for one find trump stupid for pulling out and I've seen posts on social media saying so far May hasn't said anything about trump pulling out I really hope the Uk doesn't take the same route.

catbeans

So how does that effect greenhouse gases we have been putting out since … So how does that effect greenhouse gases we have been putting out since the industrial age?

It shows that the Earth goes through natural warming and cooling periods.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522112
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35195
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1334
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846346

See more discussions