Groups
    EXPIRED

Trump’s team "objected strenuously" to holding Peace conference

Banned
    "PARIS - Senior French officials met a few weeks ago in New York with President-elect Donald Trump’s advisers and presented the program for the international peace conference to be held Sunday in Paris, Haaretz has learned. Trump’s team was said to have objected strenuously to the very holding of the conference, especially at this time, five days before Trump’s inauguration."

haaretz.com/isr…E02

Trump is either nuts or an enemy of world peace for doing this! Israel's illegal settlement program needs to ended and condemned by the sheer weight of world opinion against it. Israel's apartheid of Palestine must be forced to end. Palestines rocket and lorry attacks also have to be condemned and ended. Then we need to get both parties negotiate a peace. You can't do it without a peace conference. Trump is nuts!!

37 Comments

you can't negotiate peace with Hamas, they're also nuts.

Original Poster Banned

They either negotiate and be part of the peace process, gain influence and legitimacy by renouncing violence, accepting Israel's right to exist under negotiated borders or they become a pariah and an enemy of not just Israel but the world. Israel has to give them land, and negotiate terms with all parties.

Original Poster Banned

Do or die time for Israel and Palestine. The foundation of their destiny could be decided today. Let's hope for a path to peace.

Original Poster Banned

"The international diplomatic conference set to be held in Paris on Sunday and attended by outgoing US Secretary of State John Kerry will be a “reward to the Palestinians for continuing to avoid negotiations while promoting terrorism,” Israel’s UN envoy said on Thursday."

algemeiner.com/201…sm/

Israel did everything it could, covertly, bullying or otherwise to prevent this conference. Israel clearly wants world attention to be turned away so that it can quietly be left to continue with its illegal settlement expansion program which takes time, hence their agenda is to buy time.

The Palestinians have already said, stop the settlement expansion and we'll talk. So they are ready to negotiate. Israel must stop building, and negotiate. If Israel halts the illegal expansion, and Palestine does not open negotiations, then we will know the truth of Israel's allegations. At this point, they appear to be based on a hidden Israeli agenda. Prove us wrong Israel.

Where is the link to the full story and not just a couple of lines from an unknown news site who require a subscription to see further ?

haaretz.com/isr…E02

Who is the source ?

Edited by: "shasnir" 15th Jan

Original Poster Banned

shasnir

Where is the link to the full story and not just a couple of lines from … Where is the link to the full story and not just a couple of lines from an unknown news site who require a subscription to see further ?http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.765025?v=A395C6FDA6F9ACC26BBFE52BE542CE02Who is the source ?

Shasnir,

This is all I got for you
    haaretz.com/isr…E02

You could try googling around, if you see anything deeper or have insight on this, please share. Thanks

Banned

Full article for Shasnir and Smiler594:

PARIS - Senior French officials met a few weeks ago in New York with … PARIS - Senior French officials met a few weeks ago in New York with President-elect Donald Trump’s advisers and presented the program for the international peace conference to be held Sunday in Paris, Haaretz has learned. Trump’s team was said to have objected strenuously to the very holding of the conference, especially at this time, five days before Trump’s inauguration.The Paris conference is not expected to produce practical decisions, but rather to serve as declarative event of the international community’s intentions toward the Middle East peace process. According to French diplomats, the conference is being held at this time, a few days before the inauguration, to convey a message to the president-elect about the importance the international community ascribes to resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the extent of international consensus.Representatives from some 70 countries and organizations are to attend the conference, including 40 foreign ministers from several Arab and Western countries. For outgoing U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, this is expected to be the last international event he will be attending before his term ends on January 20. The conference, which will be attended by neither Israeli nor Palestinian representatives, is to focus on a call by the international community to preserve the two-state solution and renewal of direct negotiations between the parties.The conference will open at at 10:30 A.M. Israel time with a speech by French President Francois Hollande. Recommendations will then be presented that were formulated over the past few months by three working groups as part of the French initiative. The groups worked on economic incentives for the Israelis and the Palestinians, building the institutions of the future Palestinian state and strengthening groups in civil society working for peace.At the close of the conference, scheduled for 7 P.M. Israel time, French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault will present a concluding statement to the press. Senior diplomats from 10 of the participating countries met Saturday in Paris to debate the concluding statement. Some demanded that certain clauses be softened, while others demanded certain clauses be toughened.Last week Haaretz published a draft of the conference’s closing statement, which included a call by the participating countries on Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to reconfirm their commitment to the two-state solution and disavow officials in their government who oppose it.“We call on each side to independently demonstrate, through policies and actions, a genuine commitment to the two-state solution and refrain from unilateral steps that prejudge the outcome of final-status negotiations, in order to rebuild trust and create a path back to meaningful direct negotiations,” according to the text.In an interview to the French daily Le Figaro, Abbas said that the peace conference in Paris might be the last chance to implement the two-state solution. The Palestinian president warned against a possible American decision to move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, which he said could lead to a change in the PA position recognizing Israel. The year 2017, Abbas told Le Figaro, “must be the year the occupation ends and the year of liberty and justice for the Palestinian people.”Israel decided a few months ago to boycott the conference and maintained its position despite French efforts to persuade it otherwise. Senior Israeli officials slammed the French government and the conference on Saturday, calling it “futile.” The senior Israeli officials added that Israel would not consider itself bound by a single word of the closing statement.“International conferences and UN resolutions only make peace more distant because they encourage the Palestinians in their continued refusal to negotiate directly with Israel,” the senior Israeli officials said. “The only way to reach peace is by direct negotiations by the parties, as was done with Egypt and Jordan. If the countries meeting in Paris want to move peace ahead, they have to press Abu Mazen [Abbas] to respond to Prime Minister Netanyahu’s invitation to enter direct negotiations,” they added.The senior Israeli officials said that concluding statement’s draft that notes that everything outside the 1967 borders is Palestinian is “incorrect, unrealistic and will continue to lead to a dead end.” They added that, as opposed to the draft statement, Israel believes that the settlements are not an obstacle to peace, and are only an excuse for the Palestinians to avoid negotiations.

To me, the most interesting fragment of the article:

The conference, which will be attended by neither Israeli nor Palestinian representatives ...

Trump is a dick... Good luck America... oO

Agree with above. Still cannot get my head round the fact that he's going to be the president, I reckon he will suffer a "heart attack" or something before he does too much damage.

If Israel only owned 1sq inch of land her enemies would still fire rockets into it. The problem is, and it always has been, with the enemies of the legitimate State of Israel.

Why are you bothered about something going on 3000 miles away in another country? Unless your from the middle east?, I don't understand why westerners burden themselves with this news its nothing at all to do with us, I can bet theirs no body worrying themselves over in the middle east about our affairs in Europe, no one gives a ****! So just worry about **** on your own doorstep and get over yourself.

Let them get on with what they enjoy doing and have always done over there nothing anyone does and no amount of conferences can change the nature of these beasts they will always be killing thats what they do over there theyr barbaric backwards people!

Israel is one of the most racists and oppressive countries in the world and as soon as they stop been racists, nasty, mean, bad people they will be destroyed because Islam wants to dominate everyone. it's horrible but Israel has to be a bad ass or they won't exists.

anyone else like to donate cash for a one way ticket so Smiler can pop over to Jerusalem & bring peace to the region X)

I will pledge tree fiddy

Original Poster Banned

Moonwolf1976

Why are you bothered about something going on 3000 miles away in another … Why are you bothered about something going on 3000 miles away in another country? Unless your from the middle east?, I don't understand why westerners burden themselves with this news its nothing at all to do with us, I can bet theirs no body worrying themselves over in the middle east about our affairs in Europe, no one gives a ****! So just worry about **** on your own doorstep and get over yourself. Let them get on with what they enjoy doing and have always done over there nothing anyone does and no amount of conferences can change the nature of these beasts they will always be killing thats what they do over there theyr barbaric backwards people!

Why were we bothered when Germany were killing people in WW2. How many miles away is Germany? Why were we bothered about fighting in Iraq?

The most I've got in common with the Middle East is I like their food, and I fancy some of those girls who work for the IDF, cos I happen to think some of them are really sexy. But that doesn't mean I like the IDF and the extreme measures they take over the Palestinians.

Original Poster Banned

Predikuesi

If Israel only owned 1sq inch of land her enemies would still fire … If Israel only owned 1sq inch of land her enemies would still fire rockets into it. The problem is, and it always has been, with the enemies of the legitimate State of Israel.

Don't be silly. All Israel needs to do start negotiations is to stop building illegal settlements and knocking down houses of people already living there.

Original Poster Banned

DarkEnergy2012

anyone else like to donate cash for a one way ticket so Smiler can pop … anyone else like to donate cash for a one way ticket so Smiler can pop over to Jerusalem & bring peace to the region X)I will pledge tree fiddy

I'd love to go one day. Be awesome to see Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Eilat. But only when there's peace. And not while Israel is creating the apartheid of Palestine.

Original Poster Banned

shasnir

I did Google and there is nothing but your link that says anything.Who … I did Google and there is nothing but your link that says anything.Who exactly said about Trump's team ?"Trump’s team was said. You can say Trump's team was " said to" of and add anything you want if there is no source.No source = Fake news unless proven otherwise.

Shasnir, think Haaretz is a reliable source. Of course you can take it with a pinch of salt if you don't want to believe it, but maybe someone here who knows about the papers in Israel can tell us if they think it's reliable?

Original Poster Banned

Danielj88

Full article for Shasnir and Smiler594:To me, the most interesting … Full article for Shasnir and Smiler594:To me, the most interesting fragment of the article:The conference, which will be attended by neither Israeli nor Palestinian representatives ...

"Israel and the Palestinians have been invited to hear the conclusions of the meeting, but NOT to participate in the summit itself"

bbc.co.uk/new…990

Original Poster Banned

Which is weird, cos I'd want both Israel and Palestine there

smiler594

Why were we bothered when Germany were killing people in WW2. How many … Why were we bothered when Germany were killing people in WW2. How many miles away is Germany? Why were we bothered about fighting in Iraq? The most I've got in common with the Middle East is I like their food, and I fancy some of those girls who work for the IDF, cos I happen to think some of them are really sexy. But that doesn't mean I like the IDF and the extreme measures they take over the Palestinians.

​I think we were worried about Germany in WW2 because they were invading Europe and one or two other places, massive difference but wouldn't expect you to know about that as your mind seems to only have one track.

Banned

smiler594

Which is weird, cos I'd want both Israel and Palestine there

They are there. Just not taking part because there isnt enough space in the room for all the toys that would be chucked about.

I am amazed that it took you so long to realise they were not taking part in discussions as you are the resident expert

Original Poster Banned

YouDontWantToKnow

They are there. Just not taking part because there isnt enough space in … They are there. Just not taking part because there isnt enough space in the room for all the toys that would be chucked about. I am amazed that it took you so long to realise they were not taking part in discussions as you are the resident expert

I'm not the expert here. I do want peace though. Thanks, I didn't know that cos to me would have made sense to have all parties together talking about peace

Original Poster Banned

shadey12

​I think we were worried about Germany in WW2 because they were invading E … ​I think we were worried about Germany in WW2 because they were invading Europe and one or two other places, massive difference but wouldn't expect you to know about that as your mind seems to only have one track.

Well yeah but I'm passionate about Israel and Palestine. Like to visit one day. I'm also passionate about Spurs!! We're still second!! Wahaay!

smiler594

Well yeah but I'm passionate about Israel and Palestine. Like to visit … Well yeah but I'm passionate about Israel and Palestine. Like to visit one day. I'm also passionate about Spurs!! We're still second!! Wahaay!

​I think people are weary of this subject because we all know it will come to nothing as usual. I'm talking about Sp*rs of course.

Moonwolf1976

Why are you bothered about something going on 3000 miles away in another … Why are you bothered about something going on 3000 miles away in another country? Unless your from the middle east?, I don't understand why westerners burden themselves with this news its nothing at all to do with us, I can bet theirs no body worrying themselves over in the middle east about our affairs in Europe, no one gives a ****! So just worry about **** on your own doorstep and get over yourself. Let them get on with what they enjoy doing and have always done over there nothing anyone does and no amount of conferences can change the nature of these beasts they will always be killing thats what they do over there theyr barbaric backwards people!

Oil.(and the addiction to)

Moonwolf1976

Why are you even here posting? It's cos of the likes of you that our leaders can get away with anything abroad.

I'd like to think most people have love for humanity, like the OP.

Why do the callous even care that people care for others?

thewongwing101

Oil.(and the addiction to)

Israel is not about oil, there's a lot more to it. Google "The Greater Israel Project", if you cba.

gadger100

Its us that need the luck more than America,
    at least Trump has a plan in mind. our PM is 'winging it' and im doubtful that she is capable of carrying out her role very well. Deep down she doesn't want to go ahead with Brexit.

The clincher is the further planned NHS cuts, yet she wants to move to a 7 day GP system... madness oO

Get your Sen off then instead of talking go over and sort their problems out for them, and tell 'your' leaders what Theyr doing wrong whoever your on about! PM May just sips tea and reads out statements her teams prepared, she ain't no leader!

FearOne

Why are you even here posting? It's cos of the likes of you that our … Why are you even here posting? It's cos of the likes of you that our leaders can get away with anything abroad. I'd like to think most people have love for humanity, like the OP.Why do the callous even care that people care for others?

Edited by: "Moonwolf1976" 16th Jan

Moonwolf1976

Get your Sen off then instead of talking go over and sort their problems … Get your Sen off then instead of talking go over and sort their problems out for them, and tell your leaders what Theyr doing wrong whoever your on about!

Speak sense man, if your not interested just carry with what matters to you, be it football, corry, breaking bad or whatever it is. Just live and let live.

Our leaders don't give a fek, remember Iraq? They tried to turn Syria into another Iraq but didn't go to plan thanks partly to Russia.

Edited by: "FearOne" 16th Jan

gadger100

a dick that's an international business man, worth billions and is about to be the topdog in the Wests powerhouse.

what is it that you do that makes you qualified to talk down to this great man?

eset12345

a dick that's an international business man, worth billions and is about … a dick that's an international business man, worth billions and is about to be the topdog in the Wests powerhouse.what is it that you do that makes you qualified to talk down to this great man?

He's still a dick.

http://orig10.deviantart.net/2ee1/f/2007/267/4/1/freedom_for_palestine_2_by_artstuck.jpg

Original Poster Banned

FearOne

Speak sense man, if your not interested just carry with what matters to … Speak sense man, if your not interested just carry with what matters to you, be it football, corry, breaking bad or whatever it is. Just live and let live.Our leaders don't give a fek, remember Iraq? They tried to turn Syria into another Iraq but didn't go to plan thanks partly to Russia.

Well Said fearone

Original Poster Banned

groenleader

Why didn't you pick the "Bigger Borders for Israel" flag?

"Hasbara is a form of propaganda aimed at an international audience, primarily, but not exclusively, in western countries. It is meant to influence the conversation in a way that positively portrays Israeli political moves and policies, including actions undertaken by Israel in the past. Often, Hasbara efforts includes a negative portrayal of the Arabs and especially of Palestinians."

Will this post be deleted too?

gilad.co.uk/wri…tml

Edited by: "FearOne" 16th Jan

eset12345

a dick that's an international business man, worth billions and is about … a dick that's an international business man, worth billions and is about to be the topdog in the Wests powerhouse.what is it that you do that makes you qualified to talk down to this great man?

​Great man... You are obviously from the planet zorg... Worth billions.. Lmao... His total debt is twice what he's worth.. And I work for mi6... Next question??
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions