EXPIRED

trusted double glazing companies?

Anyone recommend a trusted double glazing company at an affordable price?
Thanks in advance!

11 Comments

can recommend a really decent local one, where do you live?

ask your neighbours who did theirs, they'll be happy to brag, its a compliment

where are you? small local companies are often better than big nationals price wise.

I know one to avoid, Safestyle UK.

Original Poster

Milton keynes, buckinghamshire - my neighbours spent £6000 on theirs (much to costly for me)

they don't exist :thinking:

as bellabinters said , a small family business will be better.

....and don't give them the money until the job is done and ya satisfied.

Ginner;4320926

I know one to avoid, Safestyle UK.

I got full house done by Safestyle 7 years ago. nothing but praise from me. Customer service is great. Obviously handle etc go over time but they still honour their 10 year warranty every time without question. Can't speak for others, that's just my experience.

Original Poster

deek72;4321019

I got full house done by Safestyle 7 years ago. nothing but praise from … I got full house done by Safestyle 7 years ago. nothing but praise from me. Customer service is great. Obviously handle etc go over time but they still honour their 10 year warranty every time without question. Can't speak for others, that's just my experience.

can I ask how much your quote was, for how many windows?

I had my windows replaced 2 years ago, uPVC. K glass, all the usual stuff
2 Windows 120cm wide (opening)
1 Window 210cm wide (2 opening section)
1 Window 90 cm wide (opening)
1 window 90cm wide (non opening)
1 Bay window 3 sections (2 opening 60cm wide 1 section 100cm wide)
1 Front door
All fitted for £2350. That will give you a starting point to negotiate with. A local company in Bolton.

I can recommend Anglian. We had our 4 bed house, with large windows and enourmous french doors done for £4k. Very happy....

ele-font;4321138

can I ask how much your quote was, for how many windows?

It was about £3k for 3 triple windows, patio doors replacing back door and one window and new front door. Oh and one double at top of stairs. But like I said it was 7 years ago so it doesn't really mean anything now.

the way things are today i would say that you should get a good deal if you haggle the price with the rep get a few in and see what you are going to get for your money
ps
i used safestyle last year and i got what i think was a smashing deal due
to the fact they need the work
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. American Road Trip11
    2. Iptv810
    3. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy33
    4. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY33

See more discussions