Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Trustpilot

Posted 2nd Apr
Any business owners use this? Just wondering how do you stop non-customers from leaving libellous reviews, as i’m likely to get some in the market I’m in.

I’m assuming you need a reference number to leave a review?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Im not sure but there will be other forum dedicated to this
I really dont take much notice of truspilot reviews. Most of the biggest and best reputable companies have terrible reviews, which clearly doesnt at all reflect the 'overall' picture as 99% of people will just go there to complain when they are unhappy - and not the opposite.
More likely to leave a review for something bad instead of something good?
I use reviews.io and you can moderate any libellous review. Reviews will then make the decision as to whether or not it'll be displayed. So far had to moderate 2 and they agreed with me they should be removed.
There is definitely a way to restrict it to actual customers only. I've left reviews where the seller emailed me a link a few days after purchase. It was clear from the other reviews we were all actual customers.
To be fair I only use trust pilot to leave bad reviews that are needed as it has maximum effect in actually getting the problem sorted but shouldn't have to go that far :/ :/
Check the trustpilot requirements. It has to be a service or purchase you bought in the last 12 months. I've had them email me asking of my order details when I left a review. As the business you could bring it to their attention that validation is required somehow.
Edited by: "MR1123" 2nd Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions