Trustpilot, can it really be trusted ?

Posted 1st Feb
Wanted to buy something today but from somewhere I’d never bought from, so did the normal thing of looking for reviews. Logged on to Trusty Trustpilot to find out the site in question had 5 star reviews................but funny enough all the reviews seem to be posted on the say days and all the reviewer if they had reviewed more than 1 site had reviewed the exact same sites ! How are you meant to shop new places !
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
I don’t trust it at all. I left a review on a local butchers, they got it removed, signed up again and left another review, got it removed again.

If you can’t leave honest feedback, what’s the point.
I’ve left reviews on there before. The only two that have been removed were the bad ones.

Don’t trust them one bit. Same as reviews on Amazon etc. Too many people being given stuff for free for fake reviews etc.

It’s hard to know who to trust these days.
Edited by: "MattNorfolk" 1st Feb
I don’t trust it. Amazon and JL on there have horrible reviews and they are 2 of the best to shop at (IMO). Most people are only likely to review if they have a bad time with a shop as well, and the system, like in your case, can potentially be manipulated. If unsure, post a discussion on here to ask some opinions of the lovely folk of hukd.
25 Comments
I don’t trust it. Amazon and JL on there have horrible reviews and they are 2 of the best to shop at (IMO). Most people are only likely to review if they have a bad time with a shop as well, and the system, like in your case, can potentially be manipulated. If unsure, post a discussion on here to ask some opinions of the lovely folk of hukd.
What’s the site?

Review sites aren’t useful at all, some sites give big pop ups asking you to review after ordering before you even get items and I guess most people probably never go back to update the review if they have issues months later
Edited by: "Myriad" 1st Feb
I don't rely on a single site. I always check a few different sites.
Ignore the 1 star and 5 star reviews (said some head honcho at TripAdvisor).
-Will-01/02/2020 11:14

... If unsure, post a discussion on here to ask some opinions of the …... If unsure, post a discussion on here to ask some opinions of the lovely folk of hukd.

Kinda sounds like OP has already done exactly that for one website.
I don’t trust it at all. I left a review on a local butchers, they got it removed, signed up again and left another review, got it removed again.

If you can’t leave honest feedback, what’s the point.
AndyRoyd01/02/2020 11:35

Kinda sounds like OP has already done exactly that for one website.

Yes. I was just saying so that if anyone else sees the comment it might encourage them to post instead of potentially being scammed
-Will-01/02/2020 11:14

... If unsure, post a discussion on here to ask some opinions of the …... If unsure, post a discussion on here to ask some opinions of the lovely folk of hukd.

Concept works quite well unless the subject website requiring user opinion is a deal site, as the usual result is deleted thread.
Myriad01/02/2020 11:14

What’s the site?Review sites aren’t useful at all, some sites give big pop …What’s the site?Review sites aren’t useful at all, some sites give big pop ups asking you to review after ordering before you even get items and I guess most people probably never go back to update the review if they have issues months later

The site in question was gamecards.net, came up on google search as the cheapest place for Sekiro (wanted to get it for hubby). All reviews looked great then as I said noticed that other reviewers had reviewed the same sites, this one, Fragrance 365, Rent a company, resindrives.co.uk ltd and others but I got sick of looking ! Are people paid to do this ? I used to always rely on review websites for that added peace of mind ! Quiet glad to have here as an alternative
u66454101/02/2020 11:32

Ignore the 1 star and 5 star reviews (said some head honcho at …Ignore the 1 star and 5 star reviews (said some head honcho at TripAdvisor).

I wouldn't ignore Very's 1 star reviews. Unless you have masochistic tendencies.
I’ve left reviews on there before. The only two that have been removed were the bad ones.

Don’t trust them one bit. Same as reviews on Amazon etc. Too many people being given stuff for free for fake reviews etc.

It’s hard to know who to trust these days.
Edited by: "MattNorfolk" 1st Feb
Cas778501/02/2020 12:00

The site in question was gamecards.net, came up on google search as the …The site in question was gamecards.net, came up on google search as the cheapest place for Sekiro (wanted to get it for hubby). All reviews looked great then as I said noticed that other reviewers had reviewed the same sites, this one, Fragrance 365, Rent a company, resindrives.co.uk ltd and others but I got sick of looking ! Are people paid to do this ? I used to always rely on review websites for that added peace of mind ! Quiet glad to have here as an alternative

Well the address listed on their site is fake or google doesn't think it exists.

On the site it says this:
>You receive the Game as a Ps4 Account via E-mail, which you can activate it as a primary account in your Ps4 console and download the game from playstore

They are 100% hacked/cracked accounts or carded accounts using someone elses details hence no legitimate info and discounted. Would definitely stay away
Edited by: "Myriad" 1st Feb
I have definitely stayed away, it’s just sad to think if you google Sekiro and click shopping this is the first site to come up. Everyone wants the cheapest price for anything so you wouldn’t want to believe google is listing a scam site.
Myriad01/02/2020 12:14

Well the address listed on their site is fake or google doesn't think it …Well the address listed on their site is fake or google doesn't think it exists. On the site it says this:>You receive the Game as a Ps4 Account via E-mail, which you can activate it as a primary account in your Ps4 console and download the game from playstoreThey are 100% hacked/cracked accounts or carded accounts using someone elses details hence no legitimate info and discounted. Would definitely stay away

Totally agree, it is hard to know now! I always like to give reviews as I feel it’s nice to give back to others that have helped you (by posting reviews). I also always ignore amazons please review the day after receipt of an item too, I will post when I have had chance to open and try out the product !
MattNorfolk01/02/2020 12:12

I’ve left reviews on there before. The only two that have been removed w …I’ve left reviews on there before. The only two that have been removed were the bad ones.Don’t trust them one bit. Same as reviews on Amazon etc. Too many people being given stuff for free for fake reviews etc.It’s hard to know who to trust these days.

Can't trust the reviews on Trustpilot, take Carparts4less and come on we all know how poor their Customer service is,
Two separate listing on TP one showing them in a great light virtually all positive the other the total opposite
uk.trustpilot.com/sea…ess
The retailers pay to get them removed, happens everywhere not just trustpilot.
Have you looked at the (two sets of) reviews for this site at TrustPilot?

hukd.com (35 reviews)

hotukdeals.com (10,164 reviews)
deleted1781201/02/2020 13:55

Have you looked at the (two sets of) reviews for this site at …Have you looked at the (two sets of) reviews for this site at TrustPilot?hukd.com (35 reviews)www.hotukdeals.com (10,164 reviews)

Someone slated this site
This site asked for the user name, I wonder why?
Trust pilot can’t be trusted they just remove your bad reviews so it’s not a true reflection
Stopped using it
Edited by: "snoopy18" 1st Feb
i use it as a guide. if the ratings are really poor i would treat it with caution. but if the ratings are glowing, i would feel better but i would still post on here and ask if anyone had real experience with the retailer. i know the responses from a survey on hukd are not comprehensive but i would think hukd members are more honest about their replies on a retailer review than some anonymous posts on trustpilot.
snoopy1801/02/2020 15:22

Trust pilot can’t be trusted they just remove your bad reviews so it’s not …Trust pilot can’t be trusted they just remove your bad reviews so it’s not a true reflection Stopped using it

are you sure they remove bad reviews? there are retailers that are absolutely thrashed on trustpilot, like very for example.
mutley101/02/2020 18:37

are you sure they remove bad reviews? there are retailers that are …are you sure they remove bad reviews? there are retailers that are absolutely thrashed on trustpilot, like very for example.

Not all bad reviews but have removed at least 6 of mine with various companies
I suppose it depends how much the other company pays them
snoopy1801/02/2020 19:15

Not all bad reviews but have removed at least 6 of mine with various …Not all bad reviews but have removed at least 6 of mine with various companies I suppose it depends how much the other company pays them

as someone had said above, i tend to find trustpilot slate companies more than they rate them. the reviews tend to be on the negative side rather the positive side. there are retailers on there that are given very poor reviews but from my personal experience of them, they have been very good. john lewis and currys for example.
snoopy1801/02/2020 19:15

Not all bad reviews but have removed at least 6 of mine with various …Not all bad reviews but have removed at least 6 of mine with various companies I suppose it depends how much the other company pays them

I Think if the companies follow up and pester them they remove the reviews. Same as eBay they remove feedback aswell from some sellers on eBay when they get a negative and start crying too eBay that there 100%
Feedback has been tarnished.
Totally untrustworthy, negative reviews are removed and too much self promotion, even HUKD seem to find waysremove their negative reviews!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants