Trying to arrange trip to Formula 1 British Grand Prix 2010, Help Please!

Hi all,

I am trying to sort out a trip to the F1 next July. Travelling from Cornwall so it will involve staying over a few nights. Can anyone give me any advice at all? Will possibly be there for the three days(as the ticket price isn't much more expensive for 3 days than it is for just race day). Can anyone recommend anywhere to stay?

It may be me on my own or for me and a friend if he makes his mind up soon!

Will rep anyone who gives any good advice. Cheers.

10 Comments

Has the British GP even been confirmed yet :?

i didnt think they knew where it was going to be yet,,silverstone or donington

We stayed at the Holiday Inn at Warwick in 2007, but try to get a shuttle bus rather than driving in as you'll be stuck in a big queue if you drive in.

Original Poster

thanks, I wouldn't drive anyway really as I've heard of the problems. will look into holiday inn.

i went for the Saturday this year and got the park and ride service which was excellent. The travelodges around the area are very expensive for that weekend but if you are willing to travel 10-20 miles in the morning you can get more reasonable ones, or there is always camping at the circuit.:)

Original Poster

badgerrules;7156379

i went for the Saturday this year and got the park and ride service which … i went for the Saturday this year and got the park and ride service which was excellent. The travelodges around the area are very expensive for that weekend but if you are willing to travel 10-20 miles in the morning you can get more reasonable ones, or there is always camping at the circuit.:)

Thanks, whereabouts did you stay? And where did you pick up the park and ride from?

Original Poster

cswhiz;7156203

We stayed at the Holiday Inn at Warwick in 2007, but try to get a shuttle … We stayed at the Holiday Inn at Warwick in 2007, but try to get a shuttle bus rather than driving in as you'll be stuck in a big queue if you drive in.

I looked up Warwick Holiday Inn, is it 1 hour away? Was there a shuttle from the hotel? Or did you pick it up from somewhere else?

Happysteveo;7156427

Thanks, whereabouts did you stay? And where did you pick up the park and … Thanks, whereabouts did you stay? And where did you pick up the park and ride from?

i didn't stay over i just drove down for the day (from yorkshire), as i had left it too late. The park and ride was at six fields stadium, a few miles from silverstone.

Original Poster

badgerrules;7160187

i didn't stay over i just drove down for the day (from yorkshire), as i … i didn't stay over i just drove down for the day (from yorkshire), as i had left it too late. The park and ride was at six fields stadium, a few miles from silverstone.

Oh right, thanks for the info.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    2. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1214
    4. GOT Leaks again614

See more discussions