Trying to buy a house

22
Posted 23rd Nov 2020
2 months ago I saw a house and made an offer. Offer got accepted. Mortgage promise letter was sent to me and a house valuation survey has been done. Waiting for the bank to confirm mortgage. The seller I’m has bought another house and is ahead of me in the chain and has been to see the estate agent a few times to speed the process up. I have done as much chasing up as possible with my solicitor but things are running slow due to COVID. Last week estate agent called me saying he had bad news. The seller has put the property back on the market. I’m thinking it maybe a back up plan in case something happens that I can’t purchase the property. I’m want to purchase the property 100% and have told this to my solicitor.

Surely if some one else buys the property it will start the chain from the beginning and delay things even further form the seller?

What should I do?
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
Post a comment