Trying to cancel three contract early ?

Posted 30th Jul
hi my sons contract ends 29th september, i just got him the iphone 11 deal with 100gb also with three, so now i want to pay the last two month and end contract early but offices closed and live chat no help, is there any other way maybe i could use a stac code or pac code ? but as hes still with three just on a new contract will that work somehow ? hopefully someone can advise ? thanks
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
See if you can upgrade to some 3 SIMO option via telephone order. When SIM arrives, immediately (within 14 days) notifiy 3 of order cancellation as per right under section 29 of The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. See if 3 will cancel by converting to PAYG, otherwise state your cancellation will be via PAC, but make it quite clear which has been chosen/agreed. No early termination fees for either contract.

If cancelled via PAC, double port to new contract. If cancelled to PAYG, import old number to new contract via
three.co.uk/sup…act
AndyRoyd30/07/2020 20:48

See if you can upgrade to some 3 SIMO option via telephone order. When …See if you can upgrade to some 3 SIMO option via telephone order. When SIM arrives, immediately (within 14 days) notifiy 3 of order cancellation as per right under section 29 of The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. See if 3 will cancel by converting to PAYG, otherwise state your cancellation will be via PAC, but make it quite clear which has been chosen/agreed. No early termination fees for either contract.If cancelled via PAC, double port to new contract. If cancelled to PAYG, import old number to new contract via https://www.three.co.uk/support/Pay_As_You_Go/Moving_to_a_contract#transfer

Or if you want to pay the existing contract early ternination fee (remainder of the contract less 20%, because 3 can't calulate VAT correctly), just request PAC via text to 65075 from existing contract, then double port via non-3 PAYG network of your choice. The PAC text response should itemise the ETF.
AndyRoyd30/07/2020 20:52

Or if you want to pay the existing contract early ternination fee …Or if you want to pay the existing contract early ternination fee (remainder of the contract less 20%, because 3 can't calulate VAT correctly), just request PAC via text to 65075 from existing contract, then double port via non-3 PAYG network of your choice. The PAC text response should itemise the ETF.

Thanks for the reply, my son doesn't want to keep his old number but will it still work if i just get payg sim and use pac code to transfer number to that ? Will they then just take the early termination cost by direct debit ?
What do you mean 3 can't calculate vat correctly, isn't the remainder minus 20% correct ?
Thanks buddy
Mark_Hickman30/07/2020 20:59

Thanks for the reply, my son doesn't want to keep his old number but will …Thanks for the reply, my son doesn't want to keep his old number but will it still work if i just get payg sim and use pac code to transfer number to that ? Will they then just take the early termination cost by direct debit ?What do you mean 3 can't calculate vat correctly, isn't the remainder minus 20% correct ?Thanks buddy

If you simply want to immediately terminate the existing contract via porting to a non-3 SIM and pay an ETF, the ETF will be the remainder of contract term balance less 3s concept of VAT on the day the number ports to the non-3 PAYG.
3 defines the "Cancellation Fee" as "Lump sum equivalent to the total of the Monthly Charges remaining during the Minimum Term of your agreement less a variable discount, currently 20%."
So if the remaining contract term balance was £120, 3 would deduct £24 leaving the customer to pay ETF of £120 - £24 = £96.
Howver the VAT element in £120 is £20 (i.e. £100 x 20% = £20 VAT) so the customer should really pay ETF of £120 - £20 = £100.
Winning
3 will take the ETF by the existing DD.
AndyRoyd30/07/2020 21:27

If you simply want to immediately terminate the existing contract via …If you simply want to immediately terminate the existing contract via porting to a non-3 SIM and pay an ETF, the ETF will be the remainder of contract term balance less 3s concept of VAT on the day the number ports to the non-3 PAYG.3 defines the "Cancellation Fee" as "Lump sum equivalent to the total of the Monthly Charges remaining during the Minimum Term of your agreement less a variable discount, currently 20%."So if the remaining contract term balance was £120, 3 would deduct £24 leaving the customer to pay ETF of £120 - £24 = £96.Howver the VAT element in £120 is £20 (i.e. £100 x 20% = £20 VAT) so the customer should really pay ETF of £120 - £20 = £100.Winning 3 will take the ETF by the existing DD.

Yes thats exactly what i want, its £25, two months left so should cost £40.
So i just get any non three payg sim and use pac and theyll send bill or take direct debit ? Thanks mate
Mark_Hickman30/07/2020 22:08

Yes thats exactly what i want, its £25, two months left so should cost …Yes thats exactly what i want, its £25, two months left so should cost £40.So i just get any non three payg sim and use pac and theyll send bill or take direct debit ? Thanks mate

Consider contractual payment is a month in advance, so ETF will likely be less than your £40 estimate (unless you have additional over-allowance charges oustanding), but the text that delivers your PAC should tell you the ETF if you should decide to use the PAC same day as receiving it.
3 will (typically) provide bill & take DD on usual dates, possibly two bills & DDs if you are very close to a billing date, but obviously no more than the total ETF plus any overages.
AndyRoyd30/07/2020 22:15

Consider contractual payment is a month in advance, so ETF will likely be …Consider contractual payment is a month in advance, so ETF will likely be less than your £40 estimate (unless you have additional over-allowance charges oustanding), but the text that delivers your PAC should tell you the ETF if you should decide to use the PAC same day as receiving it.3 will (typically) provide bill & take DD on usual dates, possibly two bills & DDs if you are very close to a billing date, but obviously no more than the total ETF plus any overages.

Great thanks
"offices not open"! that just shows that they are a really bad company. if their offices are not open, they should work from home.

very poor company. i wouldn't have taken out another 3 contract if i had to put up with this.
mutley130/07/2020 22:25

"offices not open"! that just shows that they are a really bad company. …"offices not open"! that just shows that they are a really bad company. if their offices are not open, they should work from home.very poor company. i wouldn't have taken out another 3 contract if i had to put up with this.

Im not bothered, personally im with EE and would never use three myself but my teenage son isnt bothered, he just wanted an iphone 11 lol, spends all his time in the house on wifi anyway
Mark_Hickman30/07/2020 22:41

Im not bothered, personally im with EE and would never use three myself …Im not bothered, personally im with EE and would never use three myself but my teenage son isnt bothered, he just wanted an iphone 11 lol, spends all his time in the house on wifi anyway

EE, you ring them, and they answer within a couple of minutes! even sky mobile, who isn't exactly great with customer service is open so why is 3 not open. ridiculous.
mutley130/07/2020 22:47

EE, you ring them, and they answer within a couple of minutes! even sky …EE, you ring them, and they answer within a couple of minutes! even sky mobile, who isn't exactly great with customer service is open so why is 3 not open. ridiculous.

Dont know buddy but atleast i can use pac code
AndyRoyd is a robot
Post a comment
@
    Text