Trying to find a replacement remote for this Sony SVR-S500 PVR

9 replies
Found 9th Nov 2010
There are companies wanting £60 forgodness sake.

1. Misc
  2. PVR
  3. Sony
9 Comments

avukltd.com/rem…771

That's the first thing I've found, don't know if the site's any cop...

Might be cheaper to buy a second hand unit off Ebay.

Isn't this the model that has lost the 14 days EPG.

I suppose you could always invest in a harmony 525 if you've no luck getting something cheaper.

Original Poster

ants97

I suppose you could always invest in a harmony 525 if you've no luck … I suppose you could always invest in a harmony 525 if you've no luck getting something cheaper.

I was looking into a remote like this but know little about them, would I be able to access all functions with this. As its not my box I obviously wouldnt be to worried about it. But might be worth investing in.

Adam2050

I was looking into a remote like this but know little about them, would I … I was looking into a remote like this but know little about them, would I be able to access all functions with this. As its not my box I obviously wouldnt be to worried about it. But might be worth investing in.

yep almost certainly, I've got a 525 and so far it's worked with everything I've thrown at it with no loss of functionality. You should be able to pick one up for around 30 quid, they're usually on offer at play etc

Original Poster

ants97

yep almost certainly, I've got a 525 and so far it's worked with … yep almost certainly, I've got a 525 and so far it's worked with everything I've thrown at it with no loss of functionality. You should be able to pick one up for around 30 quid, they're usually on offer at play etc

Cheers Ants, are they easy to use. May sell something to pick one up.

Adam2050

Cheers Ants, are they easy to use. May sell something to pick one up.

yeah it's just a case of entering the model number into the software provided and it downloads everything you need. really easy.

just had a look on the logitech website and your pvr is in their database so a harmony will def work. here you can check the rest of your kit, just click on look up your devices.

logitech.com/en-…nav
Edited by: "ants97" 9th Nov 2010

I've had a harmony remote for a couple of years, couldn't live without it.

For any equipment that isn't listed as compatible (and I have only found 1 thing so far!) - you can easily program the harmony by sending the signals between the 2 remotes. (i realise that isn't relevant to your sony box, but it may be worth taking into account for all the other remotes you probably have)

Original Poster

BurntEffigy

I've had a harmony remote for a couple of years, couldn't live without … I've had a harmony remote for a couple of years, couldn't live without it.For any equipment that isn't listed as compatible (and I have only found 1 thing so far!) - you can easily program the harmony by sending the signals between the 2 remotes. (i realise that isn't relevant to your sony box, but it may be worth taking into account for all the other remotes you probably have)

Yeh figured that out before cheers tho. The box is dead not responding to harmony remote.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2685
    2. Add one, leave one game54415416
    3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70561
    4. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868

See more discussions