Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Trying to find an old phone model

Posted 22nd Aug 2020
hi, bit of a strange one but i was comparing phones owned with someone over the years and i was explaining this really cool phone i had at the time, around 2006-2008 but couldn't remember the model and cant find it after much searching.
im pretty sure it was a samsung and it was either the first or one of the first to have touch screen but only on the direction and middle button which were situated in the middle of phone, below screen, above numbers.
may have been a slide up phone meaning the touch section could have been at the bottom when keyboard not out.
i remember you could change the colour of the arrows and text under this touch section and it was very new and cool at the time, im sure i had the phone just before my nokia n97 and after a samsung d900.
if anyone has any ideas id appreciate the help, its driving me mad lol.
thanks
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
The toco?
BT197822/08/2020 19:25

One of these [Image]

No wasnt the toco a full touch screen ?
I think the phone im talking about came out before that and only the middle navigation section was touch screen, i just remember you could change the colour of the touch section and it had haptic feedback, it was all very new at the time and everyone used to look at it like wow, at least on release when i got it then not long after everyone started getting touch screens like the toco and lg pebble
Edited by: "Mark_Hickman" 22nd Aug
Mark_Hickman22/08/2020 19:29

No wasnt the toco a full touch screen ?I think the phone im talking about …No wasnt the toco a full touch screen ?I think the phone im talking about came out before that and only the middle navigation section was touch screen, i just remember you could change the colour of the touch section and it had haptic feedback, it was all very new at the time and everyone used to look at it like wow, at least on release when i got it then not long after everyone started getting touch screens like the toco and lg pebble

Was it the wave
41731004-UThsD.jpg
BT197822/08/2020 19:30

Was it the wave [Image]

No but ive just been through huge lists on wiki and found it, thanks for your help it was the u900
41731060-62Nzi.jpgI had it in black and it looked so cool at the time with the touch section blue and red,
Thanks again buddy, all the best.
Mark_Hickman22/08/2020 19:38

No but ive just been through huge lists on wiki and found it, thanks for …No but ive just been through huge lists on wiki and found it, thanks for your help it was the u900[Image] I had it in black and it looked so cool at the time with the touch section blue and red,Thanks again buddy, all the best.

Tfft!!! Cheers!!
Mark_Hickman22/08/2020 19:38

No but ive just been through huge lists on wiki and found it, thanks for …No but ive just been through huge lists on wiki and found it, thanks for your help it was the u900[Image] I had it in black and it looked so cool at the time with the touch section blue and red,Thanks again buddy, all the best.

Still looks cool
Mostly known as Samsung Soul
Post a comment
@
    Text