trying to get MAMES to play on this emulator *android HTC phone*

Found 8th Aug 2012
for ages now i had been using a emulator called TIGER arcade but not many mame roms seem to play.

have downloaded a new emulator called mame reloaded or something

doesnt seem to pick any roms up

is there a certain website i need to be downloading them from on my computer as a zip file ? also could it be they need putting in a certain file on my phone? im not very good at things like this

wonna play all the classics like simpsons arcade and the xmen one etc

if anyone has a Mame emulator running on there android phone any advise is appreciated
Community Updates
16 Comments
I use 'MAME4droid' seems to be pretty easy to setup. Just ensure that you follow the readme to put the roms in the correct location on your SD card.

I use zips but I am pretty sure it recognises most Mame Rom file types.
Edited by: "manc80" 8th Aug 2012
Original Poster
i think mame4droid is the one i downloaded is there a RELOADED version aswell ?

so is the key all about the roms getting put in the correct file on your phone ?

does it managed to play all the classic arcade games like the old turtles and samurai showdown etc ?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seleuco.mame4all&hl=en

After installing, place your MAME-titled zipped roms in /sdcard/ROMs/MAME4all/roms folder.

MAME4droid uses only MAME4droid & iMAME4all uses only '0.37b5', 'GP2X, WIZ 0.37b11 mame romset'. Use "clrmame.dat" file included in /sdcard/ROMs/MAME4all/ to convert romsets from other MAME versions to the ones used by this version, using ClrMAME Pro utility, available in this URL:

mamedev.emulab.it/clr…ro/

Just to add, all the roms I have tried on this app have worked, but I mainly play a lot older roms. I know simpsons arcade works on mine. I havent had to do any of the converting as outlined above. Most Rom sets available seem to be 0.37b5.

edit: Just checked and yes, it looks for some of the newer games you are better with the 'Reloaded' version. But I would try them on the 0.37b5 version first.

"Remember that games that can be emulated on both MAME4droid versions will run much faster on MAME4droid (0.37b5) than on MAME4droid Reloaded (0.134),and will drain less battery."

Edited by: "manc80" 8th Aug 2012
Original Poster
Im confused now lol

so am i better uzsing the normal mames4droid NOT the reloaded version?

as far as ROMS are concerned can i use any off any site that you can downloded a zip file ?

you mentioned about "clrmame.dat" file is that just a file i download and put in the same file as all the roms ?
Original Poster
really been wanting to get the spiderman arcade game running on tiger arcade, but not only is the roms stupidly hard to find it never works

http://jeffkatz.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a721c2d7970b01287747f2a2970c-800wi
only use the reloaded version for newer roms that wont run on 37b5. For most games it will just be slower and use more battery.
37b5 Zipped ROMs can be found on most torrent sites. Of course I am assuming you own all the games.

I have never had to use the clrmame utility(the instructions above were ripped from info on android market).

I only use roms from the sets outlined:
0.37b5
GP2X
WIZ 0.37b11 mame romset
Original Poster
the ones i have running on tiger are from own collection

such as final fight and the alien vs predator

dont have some tho like the spiderman from the pic above *also isnt listed on the list you just posted :-(*
turtles, simpsons, xmen all listed. cant help much more as I am not a massive fan of those games to be honest so dont really look out for them (they all seem the same to me). I would recommend double dragon and knights of the round if thats your kind of thing, both should work.
Original Poster
Yeah played knights of the round is good lol
Iv got Tiger Arcade Emulator, Iv got the Spiderman mame game just ganna see if I can get it to work.

Will post back my results

EDIT Just tried tiger arcade and mame4driod and neither seem to pick up the rom, bit strange
Edited by: "ahmed123" 8th Aug 2012
Original Poster
yeah it is. it never works

Original Poster
Is there a big diffeence between what games will work on tiger arcade and what will work on this mame4droid?

coz if its pretty much the same games i might as well stick with tiger

could just do with a list of arcade/neo geo games that deff work on it
Original Poster
ok, managed to get roms running on this new emulator, not as good as the tiger emulator tho tbh its nowhere near as smooth

but there are some games that run on this that dont on tiger which is strange.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions