Trying To Hard To Fit In

Its not cool is it?

Of course you want to be accepted, you want to be funny and popular amongst the ranks.

If you try too hard you look weird and its uncomfortable all round.

Even if your no-one special if you just be yourself, someone will like you.

Anyone have any tips to share to help people settle in?

44 Comments

Banned

yes I have some tips

Always be yourself, dont ever be fake, your only lying to yourself xxx

If you do act fake, it will show soon enough and people won't thankyou for lying to them

Help people settle in where? Here?

Try not to follow the likes of Dog Cop and V1 would be my advice minstrel! good idea not to, try too hard and look desperate

Original Poster

dog_cop;5210054

yes I have some tips

ilovepink;5210061

Always be yourself, dont ever be fake, your only lying to yourself xxxIf … Always be yourself, dont ever be fake, your only lying to yourself xxxIf you do act fake, it will show soon enough and people won't thankyou for lying to them

good advice.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5210063

Help people settle in where? Here?

anywhere

mr.potato_head;5210064

Try not to follow the likes of Dog Cop and V1 would be my advice … Try not to follow the likes of Dog Cop and V1 would be my advice minstrel! good idea not to look too try too hard and look despearte

taken on board

Banned

my tip is ... don't answer the phone when your ironing

let the people that matter know they matter

dog_cop;5210101

my tip is ... don't answer the phone when your ironing

:lol:

Always remember your umberella when its raining
Don't eat yellow snow
Remember its socks first, shoes second:thumbsup:

Banned

grahamh1981;5210130

let the people that matter know they matter

you matter :thumbsup:

tips to encourage inclusion

smile,
greet others,
be open to trusting
share your experiences of the world and be supportive and understanding of others distress

Hope everyone is having a great day

Original Poster

dog_cop;5210142

you matter :thumbsup:

less peter kay, more ricky gervais please :thumbsup:

Be yourself,but when your somewhere different,try not to speak too much,until you weighed up situation.

Other week,I had to go to funeral and there was people at the pub thing at end and I hadn't met most them and even some of my partner's family I barely knew,so I didn't talk too much unless spoke to,I spent most of afternoon speaking to my partner's b/f g/f cos she was 1 of the people there I knew the most.
Suppose all difefrent situations you need present yourself different at.

I know 1 thing I have a terrible time speaking to any females around my ages,always have done,I get on much better with men,always been like this.I can get very nervous round females and I'm sure it shows,but men I feel very comfortable with.

Banned

MinstrelMan;5210152

less peter kay, more ricky gervais please :thumbsup:

ok you matter too :thumbsup:

dont try and fit in. It wont work and seems fake.

Only say something when its worth saying , else dont bother.

Offer to help someone , they will be grateful and will return the favour

Banned

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5210172

Be yourself,but when your somewhere different,try not to speak too … Be yourself,but when your somewhere different,try not to speak too much,until you weighed up situation.Other week,I had to go to funeral and there was people at the pub thing at end and I hadn't met most them and even some of my partner's family I barely knew,so I didn't talk too much unless spoke to,I spent most of afternoon speaking to my partner's b/f g/f cos she was 1 of the people there I knew the most.Suppose all difefrent situations you need present yourself different at.I know 1 thing I have a terrible time speaking to any females around my ages,always have done,I get on much better with men,always been like this.I can get very nervous round females and I'm sure it shows,but men I feel very comfortable with.

you matter to, and don't talk to strangers didn't you mum ever tell you not too, or accept sweets :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5210172

I didn't talk too much unless spoke to,

If only all women employed this method :whistling:

Banned

MinstrelMan;5210216

great tip:thumbsup:

Be yourself, if people don't like the way you are don't worry about it, it's them not you ! Smile and be approachable, no one likes a moaner. Don't try and bounce in like you know everybody, listen to people and get to know them.

Don't be the opposite of what you are normaly

If your a loud person dont be timid or quiet, if your shy dont try to be a loud person x

Dont be something your not to fit in with others if they are decent human beings then they will take you to their hearts the way you are, if they don't then its their loss at the end of the day xxx

Ps im a loud person, and love being the life and soul but then it doesn't stand out as all my mates barring one or two are the same as me x

Banned

mr.potato_head;5210064

Try not to follow the likes of Dog Cop and V1 would be my advice … Try not to follow the likes of Dog Cop and V1 would be my advice minstrel! good idea not to l try too hard and look desperate

yet here you are....

Great thread!

MinstrelMan;5210216

Pfffft

Banned

never ever drink bleach neat ... always add a tot of gin

If you are a Dwarf don't say "your hair smells nice "

MinstrelMan;5210216

Well I only been to 1 other funeral and it wasn't in the circumstances of someone having a good long life from 1st time,so this was 2nd one I been to other week, I really didn't know what to do or say at this pub at end,didn't know everyone and so I only spoke if someone made conversation to me.
Didn't want say wrong thing,and who knows what to say at funerals and such anyway.

My partner went and left me and played Pool with his brothers and whoever else,kids played in beer garden so I felt really uncomfortable if I didn't know 1 of my partners brothers g/f so well.
It's just common to get nervous,on edge at times,specially round people you don't know. Must be worried what people think of you etc.

Original Poster

queenlush;5210293

If you are a Dwarf don't say "your hair smells nice "

i lolled, even though your a sizest ****

[COLOR="Blue"]Its not cool is it?

Of course you want to be accepted, you want to be funny and popular amongst the ranks.

If you try too hard you look weird and its uncomfortable all round.

Even if your no-one special if you just be yourself, someone will like you.

Anyone have any tips to share to help people settle in?[/COLOR]

You been sniffing something you shouldnt have been wee man?? :?

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5210294

Well I only been to 1 other funeral and it wasn't in the circumstances of … Well I only been to 1 other funeral and it wasn't in the circumstances of someone having a good long life from 1st time,so this was 2nd one I been to other week, I really didn't know what to do or say at this pub at end,didn't know everyone and so I only spoke if someone made conversation to me.Didn't want say wrong thing,and who knows what to say at funerals and such anyway.My partner went and left me and played Pool with his brothers and whoever else,kids played in beer garden so I felt really uncomfortable if I didn't know 1 of my partners brothers g/f so well.It's just common to get nervous,on edge at times,specially round people you don't know. Must be worried what people think of you etc.

I dont get that, if i dont know people i introduce myself etc etc start conversations never really been the nervous type, only time was at an interview once lol

MinstrelMan;5210320

i lolled, even though your a sizest ****

I'm not really :oops:

that was not my missus just a work colleague dog cop. Our bashing thread has gone

Original Poster

Rockhound;5210345

[COLOR="Blue"]You been sniffing something you shouldnt have been wee … [COLOR="Blue"]You been sniffing something you shouldnt have been wee man?? :?

not today

ilovepink;5210346

I dont get that, if i dont know people i introduce myself etc etc start … I dont get that, if i dont know people i introduce myself etc etc start conversations never really been the nervous type, only time was at an interview once lol

Depends on situation,I didn't know what to say at this funeral thing at end,really no1 was doing much talking and lot of the men left the reception room and went into the bar and sat amongst themselves and played Pool.

vibeone;5210248

yet here I am looking very sad that no1 is repping me, my ego halted in … yet here I am looking very sad that no1 is repping me, my ego halted in growthGreat thread!

really?

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5210294

Well I only been to 1 other funeral and it wasn't in the circumstances of … Well I only been to 1 other funeral and it wasn't in the circumstances of someone having a good long life from 1st time,so this was 2nd one I been to other week, I really didn't know what to do or say at this pub at end,didn't know everyone and so I only spoke if someone made conversation to me.Didn't want say wrong thing,and who knows what to say at funerals and such anyway.My partner went and left me and played Pool with his brothers and whoever else,kids played in beer garden so I felt really uncomfortable if I didn't know 1 of my partners brothers g/f so well.It's just common to get nervous,on edge at times,specially round people you don't know. Must be worried what people think of you etc.

funerals are difficult for everyone involved honey, dont worry about it, just being there is enough to show people you pay your respects xxx

why the sudden change of tune vibe?

Banned

Oh dear oh dear. You really are getting desperate now ain't ya Mr Head

less despearte more boredom! i want a challenge, its too easy to share opinions with you, I want someone with a bit of personality.

now now boys

sorry ilp but im sure you are used to this behaviour from Vibe!

Banned

mr.potato_head;5210507

less despearte more boredom! i want a challenge, its too easy to share … less despearte more boredom! i want a challenge, its too easy to share opinions with you, I want someone with a bit of personality.

"Game over"

I could give you if i knew but im still trying to figure it out myself :lol:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2745
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?1959
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846135
    4. Pink Balls613

See more discussions