Groups
    EXPIRED

Trying to link tv with my computer!

K I got a new lcd tv the other day there and im looking to link it up with my computer or laptop,ive tried reading the instructions but they aint making much sense so what I need to know is am I right in thinking the connection ill need to link comp to tv would be a DVI to HDMI connection? any help would be much appreciated.

10 Comments

Check and see if the TV has DVI or VGA inputs perhaps? Post the model no in here and I'm sure someone can comment.

My plasma has a VGA input, and I can easily just hook the lappy up to it

I hook mine up via vga too, the pictures fine but I don't get any sound.I've tried the yellow rca leads & a 3.5m adapter thingy but none work.

vga is just picture not sound, that is why a computer has a SOUND card

K, a model and make will help in sorting out your problem (or an URL).

Original Poster

Bump any help would be appreciated,and a link for what I need would be even better lol.

TV has 3 HDMI and NO!...PC Input (D sub) VGA :-(

Laptop has VGA out and NO!...DVI or HDMI :-(

I give up!:|

Original Poster

Boogie83e;4346474

TV has 3 HDMI and NO!...PC Input (D sub) VGA :-(Laptop has VGA out and … TV has 3 HDMI and NO!...PC Input (D sub) VGA :-(Laptop has VGA out and NO!...DVI or HDMI :-(I give up!:|

lol cheers anyways dude,so my quest to watch the football and boxing on my tv instead of my computer monitor goes on.

cassidy04;4356385

lol cheers anyways dude,so my quest to watch the football and boxing on … lol cheers anyways dude,so my quest to watch the football and boxing on my tv instead of my computer monitor goes on.

Update...Laptop HAS! HDMI :thumbsup:

Laptop HDMI to TV HDMI kenable.co.uk/pro…c55

Basic PC DVI to HDMI kenable.co.uk/pro…c55

Above only a guide...check for best price...and cable size (length) :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Cheers dude its much appreciated,rep for you cheers.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118
      4. Sad news about Barcelona26113

See more discussions