Groups

tRYING TO REMOVE A TROJAN

i have a Trojan on my PC and Norton won't fix it i have been told its a multimedia trojan, i have followed the instructions to remove it but it says im not an administrator on my control panel it says i am a computer administrator is this different

14 Comments

search it on the symantec website and read the removal.

Original Poster

t0mm;4248335

search it on the symantec website and read the removal.

thank you rep added!

Original Poster

when it says network administrator is that ur internet provider?

Have you tried starting in safe mode (press F5 or F8 when the system's starting and select safe mode) and running your antivirus/tried removing the trojan?

Original Poster

ok i have now tried avery remoal tool going but nothing works can anyone offer me some advice pls?

Did you run them in safe mode? Reseting after each attempt?

BTW If I were you (and this is my opinion) I would get rid of Norton, its so hard on resources and is easily matched by the free avast!

Original Poster

cbryanp;4252098

Did you run them in safe mode? Reseting after each attempt?BTW If I were … Did you run them in safe mode? Reseting after each attempt?BTW If I were you (and this is my opinion) I would get rid of Norton, its so hard on resources and is easily matched by the free avast!

how does safe mode work? and resetting sorry im thick with these things

safe mode is basically a basic mode thats there for these situations (and for other things). To get into safe mode restart your computer and as its booting up i.e the screen lights up again continously tap F8 until you see a screen which will ask you if you want to run, you should see safe mode in that list somewhere. Select that, let it load, it will look odd, but just run your virus removal tool as normal, and then restart and select run windows normally hopfully that should work.

Do you know what the name of the Trojan is? Is it def not a false positive? i.e. Norton recognises it as a virus but in reality its not

Original Poster

cbryanp;4252219

safe mode is basically a basic mode thats there for these situations (and … safe mode is basically a basic mode thats there for these situations (and for other things). To get into safe mode restart your computer and as its booting up i.e the screen lights up again continously tap F8 until you see a screen which will ask you if you want to run, you should see safe mode in that list somewhere. Select that, let it load, it will look odd, but just run your virus removal tool as normal, and then restart and select run windows normally hopfully that should work.Do you know what the name of the Trojan is? Is it def not a false positive? i.e. Norton recognises it as a virus but in reality its not

it's called trojan.brisv.a!inf

Original Poster

i tapped f8 but the list did not say safemode on it had all codes on it etc

What version of windows are you running? Did you try this removal tool?

]Click
    - Download the FixBrisvA.exe file
    - Save the file to a convenient location, such as your Windows desktop.
    - Close all the running programs.
    If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, disconnect the computer from the network and the Internet.
    If you are running Windows Me or XP, turn off System Restore.
    - Locate the file that you just downloaded.
    - Double-click the FixBrisvA.exe file to start the removal tool.
    - Click Start to begin the process, and then allow the tool to run.
    NOTE: If you have any problems when you run the tool, or it does nor appear to remove the threat, restart the computer in Safe mode and run the tool again.
    - Restart the computer.
    - Run the removal tool again to ensure that the system is clean.
    If you are running Windows Me/XP, then reenable System Restore.
    If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, reconnect the computer to the network or to the Internet connection.

Original Poster

im on vista and yes i tried all that above and when it had finished it said no file found then i ran norton again and it found it!!

Original Poster

i really appreciate your help cbryanp

Its a real stubborn ****** this one lol. This blog here (]Click) seems to have got it sorted. Everything is set out nice and simple and easily explained hope this helps
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …911
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction55
      3. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)77
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1646

See more discussions