Groups

Trying to set up a Linksys WAG160N on O2 broadband, help please!!!

Hi guys,

Do you know how to connect to o2 broadband (llu) using a Lisys WAG160N router? I'm doing so to use an "n" network. I've seen that you can connect using some bridged mode which only allows one pc to connect? I need 4 pcs to connect.

I assume there's a way of connecting the o2 box to the Linksys router so the o2 box provides the modem function and the linksys router provides the network?

Thanks!

3 Comments

Banned

sorry this is no help but try research it on Google when i need to find out something i try find out on Google oh yer
    maybe you could phone linksys

linksysbycisco.com/UK/…ome

this is ether website

Original Poster

Cheers, just got it sorted through the o2 forums. Everywhere I was reading was saying that you can't use the Linksys router as it requires a username/password and o2 don't need one. It also said that the only workaround means you can only have one computer connected.

They gave me the settings on the o2 forums and I had a chat with o2 tech support and between the two they managed to get it to work!

Banned

Benjimoron;7938545

Cheers, just got it sorted through the o2 forums. Everywhere I was … Cheers, just got it sorted through the o2 forums. Everywhere I was reading was saying that you can't use the Linksys router as it requires a username/password and o2 don't need one. It also said that the only workaround means you can only have one computer connected.They gave me the settings on the o2 forums and I had a chat with o2 tech support and between the two they managed to get it to work!

I am happy everything worked out for you .I know how it feels when something ain't working the way you want it
    :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3988
      2. That’s Life Magazine Issue 33 ends 28th August2626
      3. Free JackpotJoy Plate44
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121

See more discussions