Expired

trying to update freeview software on 15" tv, current version is: hardware: DVB-T v1.1 software: sunplus box TV 1.20 released in 2011.

Found 8th May 2014
update freeview firmware

4 Comments

Maybe check the manual or manufacturers website for the specific model as there is usually a page dedicated to the updates. As far as I can establish from what you posted we have no way of knowing what 15inch tv you have, it may even be a case of there is no upgrade for the specific TV as 15inch TVs in most cases tend to be bottom of the line with limited features.

Original Poster

thx, it's a grundig 15"" 12v, originally in a caravan and the tv itself has no freeview built in, I bought an all in one plug in scart/freeview tuner for £15, picture is good and I was curious to update it's software as sky news for example is on channel 60 and not 82?

the manual says download software from www.XXXXX

leitchyleck

thx, it's a grundig 15"" 12v, originally in a caravan and the tv itself … thx, it's a grundig 15"" 12v, originally in a caravan and the tv itself has no freeview built in, I bought an all in one plug in scart/freeview tuner for £15, picture is good and I was curious to update it's software as sky news for example is on channel 60 and not 82?the manual says download software from http://www.XXXXX

Channel order is just a case of rescanning and then you will get the full range, usually menu and 'setup' or 'installation' option is what you need.

freeview.co.uk/art…tml

The TV will have no influence on what channels or software the box gets or what channel numbers they are, it's all done by the box.

As to the software itself, it may simply be a case that it's no longer supported and the software is not available which happens quite a lot on the cheaper end of the tech market that they offer the updates etc for a fixed period. If you don't get it in that time it's just a case of hoping to find someone who has the relevant file for the update. However, in the case of freeview on your set up, I'd expect the benefits will not outweigh the time you need to spend finding the files you need and getting it working.

Original Poster

ok thx.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants