TSB online banking down

Found 24th Apr
Anybody know the procedure for claiming compensation. I have just made a 45 mile trip to withdraw cash and deposit it in another bank, not happy
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Babbabooey7 m ago

Compensation for what exactly?

Its standard now, feeling slightly put out, compo please.
22 Comments
Babbabooey7 m ago

Its standard now, feeling slightly put out, compo please.
Babbabooey11 m ago

Mileage, time, parking, any telephone costs, would be a starting point plus possible comp depending on the effect the shutdown had on the OP.
would rather they stay offline rather than bring it back up before it's ready and have people accessing my account

online banking is hardly the end of the world unless you're a business waiting on receiving/sending payments but it's hardly a surprise issue so suppliers are gonna understand
DKLS5 m ago

Mileage, time, parking, any telephone costs, would be a starting point …Mileage, time, parking, any telephone costs, would be a starting point plus possible comp depending on the effect the shutdown had on the OP.

Being out of pocket due to payments not being taken out/received due to the downtime which cause charges I completely agree should be (and will be) compensated, but mileage, time and parking not a chance.
Why is your bank 45 miles away? Don't you have an alternative closer to home?
Babbabooey1 h, 25 m ago

Being out of pocket due to payments not being taken out/received due to …Being out of pocket due to payments not being taken out/received due to the downtime which cause charges I completely agree should be (and will be) compensated, but mileage, time and parking not a chance.

Maybe not with TSB, but with 3 of the High Street Banks you would.
Wonder what people did before online banking? Did they claim mileage and parking then, when they had to go to the bank? A luxury not a god given right, first world problems comes to mind.
Look on BBC news as a reader is also asking for compo.
I'm with this bank too and thank God they didn't make the changes on a Friday
Why did you have to travel 45 miles to find out that online banking was down?

Is that how far away the nearest signal is to your phone/pc/laptop?
Any good current bank account recommendations?
CaptainVolvo5 h, 0 m ago

Why is your bank 45 miles away? Don't you have an alternative closer to …Why is your bank 45 miles away? Don't you have an alternative closer to home?

No. I was with Lloyds but was transferred to TSB when they split and as most of my banking is done online it didn't seem a problem until their online banking went down on friday after a migration to their own (non Lloyds platform) I do also bank with Natwest, Kiwibank and Santander but I needed to move some money from TSB which was only possible by visiting Hereford branch which was 45 miles away from where I was on business
kingtreelo3 h, 38 m ago

Why did you have to travel 45 miles to find out that online banking was …Why did you have to travel 45 miles to find out that online banking was down?Is that how far away the nearest signal is to your phone/pc/laptop?

Thanks for your input to my question. Sorry but I don't really understand your question
jfoxon4 h, 55 m ago

Wonder what people did before online banking? Did they claim mileage and …Wonder what people did before online banking? Did they claim mileage and parking then, when they had to go to the bank? A luxury not a god given right, first world problems comes to mind.

No. If they offer the service in a digital world they should provide the promised service. It doesn't matter about the past when people were using cheques and cash or colourful pebbles. Rural banks have disappeared completely and I'm to dynamic to rely on a mobile bank visiting the village once a week.
It's still down
nougat29 m ago

No. If they offer the service in a digital world they should provide the …No. If they offer the service in a digital world they should provide the promised service. It doesn't matter about the past when people were using cheques and cash or colourful pebbles. Rural banks have disappeared completely and I'm to dynamic to rely on a mobile bank visiting the village once a week.

Telephone banking is still working, why didn't you do that instead of travelling 45 miles to transfer some money?
Edited by: "jfoxon" 24th Apr
jfoxon18 m ago

Telephone banking is still working, why didn't you do that instead of …Telephone banking is still working, why didn't you do that instead of travelling 45 miles to transfer some money?

not when I tried.
Babbabooey7 h, 39 m ago

For having to take time out of my busy schedule to do something that could be done remotely within the terms of contract, rather than driving to a city, finding parking, finding the bank, finding the donor bank in an unfamiliar city and walking around with thousands of 10 pound notes because they had run out of 20's. I felt like Dellboy or Arthur Daley
It's still down, luckily it's my spare account but rather it takes them two days rather then having major problems later
Yep. No access for me yet! I can't keep running to bank branches to move money. I might have to employ a Baldrick at this rate.
Edited by: "nougat" 24th Apr
We have received your complaint and will do our best to call you as soon as we can. We value your feedback and appreciate the time you've taken to send it.

Details of your complaint: I'm sorry you won't allow me to access my funds online, when Diego gets back from the beach, can you please ask him to transfer my funds to Natwest

How you have asked us to resolve it: get me online
I got compensated £25 for my expenses
Set up a Direct Debit to pay my TSB mastercard. I had a letter letting me know the date the payment would be taken from another bank and then they didn't take the payment Got on the phone and it took 45 mins to get through to them and I had to make a payment over the phone. The same thing happened again 2 days ago, no payment taken The most useless bank going
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants