TSB reduces interest rate from 5% to 3 %. Also will allow only one single and joint Classic Plus account account

11 replies
Found 13th Oct 2016
TSB interest changes from 5% (for upto £2000) to 3% (for upto £1500) from 4 Jan 2017.

Also a new condition is that if there are more than one Classic Plus account in sole name or more than one Classic Plus account in joint names, they may convert the additional accounts into 'Enhance account' or 'another current account' from their range. They will give you at least two months’ notice before this is done.

Anyone having more than one sole or joint account will get affected, including me

11 Comments

Wow this changes everything for using them

Does it say what an "Enhance account" is? Can't see that account mentioned at all on the website

winifer

Does it say what an "Enhance account" is? Can't see that account … Does it say what an "Enhance account" is? Can't see that account mentioned at all on the website

tsb.co.uk/hel…ts/

from £100 interest down to £45 - shocking! il keep using till my 5% contactless cashback ends in sept 17.

Original Poster

winifer

Does it say what an "Enhance account" is? Can't see that account … Does it say what an "Enhance account" is? Can't see that account mentioned at all on the website

Whatever they are, they are unlikely to give as good interest rates as the Classic Plus account, even when we consider the drop in interest rate!
Basically means that if you have more than one sole and joint account, all of the additional ones will be downgraded!!!!!!
Edited by: "AstalaVista" 13th Oct 2016

pidgeofcdf

from £100 interest down to £45 - shocking! il keep using till my 5% c … from £100 interest down to £45 - shocking! il keep using till my 5% contactless cashback ends in sept 17.

Could switch to co-op for £150 plus monthly reward payment

youngy7

Could switch to co-op for £150 plus monthly reward payment

I can't because I have no direct debits lol.

They were rubbish a coupe of years ago. Doesn't look like they have improved!
telegraph.co.uk/fin…tml

AstalaVista

Whatever they are, they are unlikely to give as good interest rates as … Whatever they are, they are unlikely to give as good interest rates as the Classic Plus account, even when we consider the drop in interest rate!Basically means that if you have more than one sole and joint account, all of the additional ones will be downgraded!!!!!!

Will be closing the one they turn into Enhanced then i guess, may even close both and just put it into the Lloyds, or even close all 3 and put it into Santander.. There really is little point in £1500 at 3%

Rubbish! I wonder if club Lloyds interest will be reduced next.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Coming up to bonfire night ...2129
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769295
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604800
    4. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608652

See more discussions