Tsunami: the Japanese people.

Found 16th Mar 2011
Watching developments over the last few days, one of the things that has struck me has been the astounding dignity with which the Japanese people conduct themselves. Some people could learn by watching them queue up for petrol and supplies. Even during such a traumatic time they are still polite, smiling at each other whilst queueing patiently, waiting their turn.
I can think of other places where they would be wailing and throwing themselves all over the place, and fighting and killing each other to be first in the queue.
Amazing people who deserve the utmost respect.

Just sayin......

1. Misc
  2. Japan
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Japan
28 Comments

Banned

100% agree... I said exactly the same thing in Sy's thread.

A credit to the human race.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

I don't think it's appropriate to make jokes after this tragedy, I know … I don't think it's appropriate to make jokes after this tragedy, I know it's hard to feel sorry or sympathy cos they're foreigners but we have to remember they lost everything in almost an instant, they've been left with nothing , still there's always next season for Arsenal........

Go away lunatic.

Original Poster

guv

100% agree... I said exactly the same thing in Sy's thread.A credit to … 100% agree... I said exactly the same thing in Sy's thread.A credit to the human race.

Didn't see that guv. Link?

Banned

When you've dealt with Godzilla, nothing would faze you!

I'm always saying it to my boyfriend,why are people so rude,no manners,politeness has gone out the window.

People can be very selfish on a day to day basis.

You see it on here and don't get me started about some of the people you get on Ebay,oO

Banned

whatsThePoint

I don't think it's appropriate to make jokes after this tragedy, I know … I don't think it's appropriate to make jokes after this tragedy, I know it's hard to feel sorry or sympathy cos they're foreigners but we have to remember they lost everything in almost an instant, they've been left with nothing , still there's always next season for Arsenal........

He hasnt cracked any jokes (unlike your lame and ill informed attempt.)

The fact they are "foreigners" is irrelivant. He is merely stating the fact that the country is on its knees, yet they behave with the utmost dignity.

Clearly you are not Japanese.

Original Poster

master_chief

Banned

master_chief

In fact I seem to recall they were very panicky in those films, running around and screaming.

I'm starting to think those films were total fabrications.

Agree totally Deek ... good thread

Banned

This is the same country that had a nuclear bomb dropped on them, you only have to see images of post Hiroshima victims to even start to imagine the fear they must be feeling now with another nuclear incident on their doorstep.

Original Poster

snowtiger

Agree totally Deek ... good thread

Tbh, it's difficult to disagree and hopefully people will be keen to stick their hand in their pockets for them.
Although, having said that, if I had to put my money on one country successfully pulling through something like this, I know where my money would be.

Banned

deek72

Didn't see that guv. Link?

There ya go...

Banned

FilthAndFurry

In fact I seem to recall they were very panicky in those films, running … In fact I seem to recall they were very panicky in those films, running around and screaming.I'm starting to think those films were total fabrications.

They did do yes but they've obviously progressed from those days.

We could learn a thing or two from these people, Somehow I think they'll cope with the situation as they are doing, If something like that happened in London we'd all be doomed, I know Tokyo got off relatively lightly but even then I think they'd deal with it, We would probably never recover, Especially with our current financial situation.

Banned

shauneco

We could learn a thing or two from these people, Somehow I think they'll … We could learn a thing or two from these people, Somehow I think they'll cope with the situation as they are doing, If something like that happened in London we'd all be doomed, I know Tokyo got off relatively lightly but even then I think they'd deal with it, We would probably never recover, Especially with our current financial situation.

Like a terrorist attack maybe? We all coped pretty well with that thank you very much.

I think that with anything of this magnitude, people will tend to come together. I don't think the Japanese are alone in this.

Original Poster

guv

There ya go...

Ta

Banned

FilthAndFurry

Like a terrorist attack maybe? We all coped pretty well with that thank … Like a terrorist attack maybe? We all coped pretty well with that thank you very much. I think that with anything of this magnitude, people will tend to come together. I don't think the Japanese are alone in this.

I'm with you there. I do believe we would come together in similar circumstances. I've seen examples of this during floods and during the heavy snow recently. People pulling together in their communities, just getting on with it.

Original Poster

shauneco

We could learn a thing or two from these people, Somehow I think they'll … We could learn a thing or two from these people, Somehow I think they'll cope with the situation as they are doing, If something like that happened in London we'd all be doomed, I know Tokyo got off relatively lightly but even then I think they'd deal with it, We would probably never recover, Especially with our current financial situation.

'fraid I can't agree either. If they stopped taking bets on Japan my next bet would be on us to pull through it.
I know its not on the same scale but you only have to look at the Manchester bomb to see an example.

You can't compare a bit of snow and a terrorist attack that would probably affect 100 or so people to a great Earthquake and tsunami like in Japan.

Perhaps doomed was a little too extreme word but I do think we'd struggle to deal with a situation like in Japan.

Edited by: ".MUFC." 16th Mar 2011

Banned

shauneco

You can't compare a bit of snow and a terrorist attack that would … You can't compare a bit of snow and a terrorist attack that would probably affect 100 or so people to a great Earthquake and tsunami like in Japan.

Exactly - we were awesome with these 'minor' incidents. Just think what we'd be like is a tsunami hit!

The scary thing is, that Japan's buildings were supposed to be earthquake proof... my thoughts are with all the people of Japan.

Agree so much with the OP.

I am proud to be part of the human race with these people. They have suffered so much and must be in so much pain and so worried, yet they patiently get on with life.

I vote for Deek to be HUKDs aid representative in Japan!

Original Poster

farhadmaster

The scary thing is, that Japan's buildings were supposed to be earthquake … The scary thing is, that Japan's buildings were supposed to be earthquake proof... my thoughts are with all the people of Japan.

It's not the earthquake that's done the damage fhm. If it had just been that we probably wouldn't be still talking about it. It would have been tidied up and back to normal (ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little).
It's the tsunami that's done the damage.

farhadmaster

The scary thing is, that Japan's buildings were supposed to be earthquake … The scary thing is, that Japan's buildings were supposed to be earthquake proof... my thoughts are with all the people of Japan.

tsunami?

Makes you think, we all have our iPhones etc. And still are not happy... but there homes are gone and there smiling and talking... I think I'm going to be less materialistic.

deek72

It's not the earthquake that's done the damage fhm. If it had just been … It's not the earthquake that's done the damage fhm. If it had just been that we probably wouldn't be still talking about it. It would have been tidied up and back to normal (ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little). It's the tsunami that's done the damage.

I absolutely agree with the OP's original comment!

My partner and me discussed something very similar recently. We can learn, had this tragedy occurred elsewhere - no doubt people would have resorted to looting and committing various criminal acts at the first opportunity.

the japanese are well mannered human beings. They have one of the lowest crime rates in the world and its one of the things I respect them for. A bit crazy on the tv side, but i can definitely look past that.

Unlike here, where during recent floods, yobs would pee in water supplies for people in need.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29314079
    2. Black Friday 24th November 2017 - Deals, Info, Previews and More - Argos fl…7187
    3. Orvibo Wiwo S20 safety recall dangerous11
    4. Without saying how old you are, Name one thing from your childhood someone …64106

See more discussions