TT99 code removal time?

Posted 29th Apr
I have a TT99 conviction on my licence, which as i was aware stays on for 4 years.

If i check my own licence details it shows up as conviction date: 20 May 2017 and removal date 20 May 2021 which makes sense.

But if i get a "licence summary" (which is what a third party sees) it says expiry date as 20 May 2020 (which is only 3 years). Doesn't have any other dates ie conviction date.

My insurance renewal is after the 20th by then according to the "licence summary" this is spent...so do i declare it?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
You know your conviction date. Don't try and save money by breaking the law for something as important as insurance, if you need to claim these companies will do anything to avoid paying out and this will (rightfully) invalidate the policy.
Edited by: "jamie15" 29th Apr
What do the insurers ask for? points or convictions within the last ?? years? How long were you banned for? Did the ban end before or after the insurers timeframe?

I'd err on the side of disclosure - you dont want to get into a situation of getting insurance cancelled on top of the tt99
Suppose you're right not worth the hassle afterwards, it's only one more year.
Wonder why it shows 2 different dates..
Declarable for 3 years, stays on record for 4 years.
Most insurance companies ask for the past 5 years so either way you still are declaring it.
ArcadeAssassin29/04/2020 17:07

Declarable for 3 years, stays on record for 4 years.

cecilmcroberts29/04/2020 17:13

Most insurance companies ask for the past 5 years so either way you still …Most insurance companies ask for the past 5 years so either way you still are declaring it.

Assuming you are both correct (i have no reason to believe you are not), does it mean that you don't have to declare it if it is only "declarable for 3 years" even if insurance ask for everything during the past 5 years? If not, what's the point then of the term "declarable for 3 years"?

Thanks
MadeDixonsCry01/05/2020 01:37

Assuming you are both correct (i have no reason to believe you are not), …Assuming you are both correct (i have no reason to believe you are not), does it mean that you don't have to declare it if it is only "declarable for 3 years" even if insurance ask for everything during the past 5 years? If not, what's the point then of the term "declarable for 3 years"? Thanks

If the insurance company asks for five years then that is their own criteria that they require to give you an insurance quote so you have to answer honestly.

But for example, applying for a driving job they might ask you if you have had any driving offences in the past, you would only have to tell them if the offence was still active, ie within three years, but not in the fourth year.
ArcadeAssassin01/05/2020 01:55

If the insurance company asks for five years then that is their own …If the insurance company asks for five years then that is their own criteria that they require to give you an insurance quote so you have to answer honestly. But for example, applying for a driving job they might ask you if you have had any driving offences in the past, you would only have to tell them if the offence was still active, ie within three years, but not in the fourth year.

Sorry if I sound like I'm splitting hairs, or arguing, but the question posed by the "driving job" is also "their own criteria to give you a job" so is it that if the insurance company simply state "in the past" then you don't have to declare it if it happened in the fourth year?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions