ttds card help with write protected?!?!

42 replies
Found 28th Nov 2008
after being able to put games on a card its now coming up this is disc write protected please remove protection or insert another disc what have i done wrong why is this coming up its not game as its doing it with all games have i locked card or something please help me guys!!!!! i should add it wont let me delete games either now?

1. Misc
  2. Card
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Card
42 Comments

Does it have a little switch on the side?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GKAFRk7iL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Like the yellow one in the above picture.

Original Poster

PhearFactor;3597068

Does it have a little switch on the side?Like the yellow one in the above … Does it have a little switch on the side?Like the yellow one in the above picture.

yes it does but its not on lock?

Can you format it? Other than those two things I am not sure what else you can do.

You may require software from the manufacturer of the card to do a low-level format to by-pass the security error.

TTDS dont have the lock key on the sides do they? Also take Micro SD cards which dont have the lock key on side?

Original Poster

Naeem786;3597183

TTDS dont have the lock key on the sides do they? Also take Micro SD … TTDS dont have the lock key on the sides do they? Also take Micro SD cards which dont have the lock key on side?

mine does have lock thingy but you cant move it, dont really wanna format it as ill lose all my games wont i? could the card be full or something?

Banned

Naeem786;3597183

TTDS dont have the lock key on the sides do they? Also take Micro SD … TTDS dont have the lock key on the sides do they? Also take Micro SD cards which dont have the lock key on side?

no and no, which is why im confused why the op said it has a lock on side :?

angelfacexx;3597207

mine does have lock thingy but you cant move it, dont really wanna format … mine does have lock thingy but you cant move it, dont really wanna format it as ill lose all my games wont i? could the card be full or something?

Take the SD card out and test it? Dont you have the games on your PC?

Banned

angelfacexx;3597207

mine does have lock thingy but you cant move it, dont really wanna format … mine does have lock thingy but you cant move it, dont really wanna format it as ill lose all my games wont i? could the card be full or something?

put your card back into computer and copy and paste all games and saved files onto computer before formatting micro sd card

SD to MicroSD converters sometimes have a lock on the side. Not the actual storage card, but the converter card.

http://www.pcmediauk.co.uk/images/uploads/kingston_micro_sd_1gb.jpg

Original Poster

Naeem786;3597215

Take the SD card out and test it? Dont you have the games on your PC?

the card works on my ds if you mean that by testing it its only just started this evening not putting games on yet ive been doing it for days inc today!! i dont have games on my pc as i delete them once on card prob gonna tell me i shouldnt but im new to this technology lol

Original Poster

PhearFactor;3597231

SD to MicroSD converters sometimes have a lock on the side. Not the … SD to MicroSD converters sometimes have a lock on the side. Not the actual storage card, but the converter card.

sorry im new forgive me technology lol thats what i meant card dosnt the adaptor does same as one in pic

Do as Sassie said. Copy from the card to your PC - Format, then copy back again onto the card.

Banned

oh right, sorry was a little confused, you can copy games and save files to computer as i said, the format card

Banned

PhearFactor;3597272

Do as Sassie said. Copy from the card to your PC - Format, then copy back … Do as Sassie said. Copy from the card to your PC - Format, then copy back again onto the card.

you need to copy everything from card to computer, or just copy games and save files and reload firmware back on, perosnally wouldnt upload 1.6 firmware

Original Poster

sassie;3597278

oh right, sorry was a little confused, you can copy games and save files … oh right, sorry was a little confused, you can copy games and save files to computer as i said, the format card

omg im scared what if i dont copy right?!??! how am i gonna do it im so basic lol

Banned

put your micro sd card into adapter, then put into computer and select it, right click on file and copy, then paste to your desktop

Like i said, personally i would just copy the games folder onto computer, and re download firmware after you have formatted the card

sassie;3597303

you need to copy everything from card to computer, or just copy games and … you need to copy everything from card to computer, or just copy games and save files and reload firmware back on, perosnally wouldnt upload 1.6 firmware

Whats wrong with that? I put 1.14 on it that OK? Also how often do you need to update it as gave it my lil cousin who aint got clue what to do!

Original Poster

right ok got files on but wont let me format as it is protected?!?!?

angelfacexx;3597366

Right Click and then click Properties and think theirs an option there?

Banned

Naeem786;3597353

Whats wrong with that? I put 1.14 on it that OK? Also how often do you … Whats wrong with that? I put 1.14 on it that OK? Also how often do you need to update it as gave it my lil cousin who aint got clue what to do!

I only got 1.4 on mine, and have never updated, never needed to, sometimes new games means you need to update, there is talk going on that 1.6 can cream cracker your ttds if its a fake

Banned

angelfacexx;3597366

before we go any further, are all your games and SAV files now on your computer, have you checked

Original Poster

sassie;3597387

before we go any further, are all your games and SAV files now on your … before we go any further, are all your games and SAV files now on your computer, have you checked

yes definatly ty i did right click and got format but says protected?

Banned

dont open the card, hit my computer, and where it says the drives right click on the drive

Original Poster

sassie;3597468

dont open the card, hit my computer, and where it says the drives right … dont open the card, hit my computer, and where it says the drives right click on the drive

thats the way i ddi it then clicked on format?

Banned

then im sorry i dont know what has happened here, be patient someone will be able to help

Hi, are you running vista or xp ?

Original Poster

sassie;3597506

then im sorry i dont know what has happened here, be patient someone will … then im sorry i dont know what has happened here, be patient someone will be able to help

ok ty for help have repped you for taking time to help me!!!

Original Poster

tonyg1962;3597522

Hi, are you running vista or xp ?

vista??

Banned

angelfacexx;3597524

ok ty for help have repped you for taking time to help me!!!

no worries, sorry i couldnt help further, hang in there :thumbsup:

Are you using vista as an administrator or as a limited user ?

Original Poster

tonyg1962;3597604

Are you using vista as an administrator or as a limited user ?

not sure what you mean sorry im very basic?!!?

angelfacexx;3597927

not sure what you mean sorry im very basic?!!?

As can you do everything or does it asks for a Password if you want to do anything?

This likely to be a problem with the reader ,there is a switch inside the reader that is activated by lock tab on the SD card,This could either be caused by a faulty card adaptor or the reader itself.the best thing to do is to try the card in another reader or if you can try using another MicroSD adaptor,
Tony

To explain a bit further,The lock tab on the SD card is not an electrical switch ,It is just a piece of plastic that that is used to push against the actual switch which is inside the card reader,This can sometimes become damaged or if the SD card is poorly manufactured sometimes the lock slider moves when inserting the card,one thing you can also try is placing a small piece of tape over the lock switch,Hope this helps
Tony

Original Poster

tonyg1962;3598181

To explain a bit further,The lock tab on the SD card is not an electrical … To explain a bit further,The lock tab on the SD card is not an electrical switch ,It is just a piece of plastic that that is used to push against the actual switch which is inside the card reader,This can sometimes become damaged or if the SD card is poorly manufactured sometimes the lock slider moves when inserting the card,one thing you can also try is placing a small piece of tape over the lock switch,Hope this helpsTony

my lock switch dosnt move so taping wouldnt help i dont think or do u mean the card not adaptor?

Original Poster

Naeem786;3597988

As can you do everything or does it asks for a Password if you want to do … As can you do everything or does it asks for a Password if you want to do anything?

no i can do anything without password?

Just try it again and this time slide the card in and out of the reader a few times it could just be that the switch is sticking

If Tony G's advice doesn't help and you still cannot format/fix the issue please read my post again (#4).

Good luck.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;3599102

Just try it again and this time slide the card in and out of the reader a … Just try it again and this time slide the card in and out of the reader a few times it could just be that the switch is sticking

hiya thanks so much had a few goes and its now working thanks for that repped ya !!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769555
    2. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games33
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming2849
    4. Add one, leave one game54415461

See more discussions