Groups

Tube Strike - HELP!

Bought tickets for Christmas for London show, but it starts at 5pm tomorrow and so there will be no underground when we come out! Plan was to drive down from West Midlands to outer tube station and get connection, but that obviously won't work now. Got the option of driving into London and paying congestion and parking fees or overground train station on outskirts, any helpful suggestions will be appreciated!

13 Comments

use the buses or taxis x

Where is this event ? Nearest station ?

Original Poster

nataliedonnelly

use the buses or taxis x

I'm guessing that would be an option if I can park somewhere that's a bus or taxi drive away. Just googled congestion charge and it says it doesn't apply on a Sunday, didn't know that.

Original Poster

DonkeyKonk

Where is this event ? Nearest station ?

Its the Piccadilly Theatre, not far from the tube station.

no congestion charge on a sunday, lot of free parking around Portland place on a sunday check transport for London car parking for all location of street parking and restrictions

NR train to Euston just leaves a not too bad walk down to Piccadilly (25 mins or so, via Tottenham Court Road area) and is an interesting walk. (Use Google Maps).
    Much of Central London is very walkable between stations.

Edited by: "DonkeyKonk" 7th Jan

Enjoy Jersey Boys. It's brilliant!!!

as helpful says there is free parking plus no congestion charge. arrive early and do some touristy things.

have a nice time. take a pack lunch to save time/cash.

I'd still use the buses. So easy to use and far better than the tube anyway.

Original Poster

exmouthred

Enjoy Jersey Boys. It's brilliant!!!

I've seen it 5 times, obviously for the missus

Yes I agree, its a great show. Got tickets to see it before it ends in London in March, just picked the wrong day

Thanks for all your answers. Will probably drive into the centre and find a cheap (if that's possible) place to park.

You could walk like a man!

Original Poster

exmouthred

You could walk like a man!

Or I could book Grosvenor Hill car park for £12, about 10 mins walk from the theatre and Oxford St

Could drive to Watford and get London Overground to Euston then walk.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sky or virgin22
      2. What engine oil do i need for a 2007 Skoda Fabia (Mark 1) 1.9 turbo diesel …22
      3. Sun Saver Code for Priority Bookings11
      4. Any good Sky TV deals on at moment?22

See more discussions