TuGo - O2 ceasing 30th November 2017

Edited by:"OllieSt"Found 4th Nov 2017
Whenever I’ve travelled outside of EU I’ve used the TuGo app and a local Mifi. It’s a brilliant service that has now been pulled. It allowed me to travel without my SIM card in the phone and still make and receive calls and texts for free. Of course there’s Viber and WhatsApp but they are dependent on the other party having those apps.

im unsure if the replacement WiFi calling being offered even allows you to be connected to a foreign (outside of EU) mifi.

It would be interesting to hear how others manage to keep in contact abroad when travelling outside of the EU

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
4 Comments

I got 3 mobile so it don't matter if I am having an Um Bongo way down in the Congo or I am sunning myself on Aland Islands I got the connection to chat to my peeps like I am at home.
Edited by: "groenleader" 4th Nov 2017

Original Poster

groenleader6 m ago

I got 3 mobile so it don't matter if I am having an Um Bongo way down in …I got 3 mobile so it don't matter if I am having an Um Bongo way down in the Congo or I am sunning myself on Aland Islands I got the connection to chat to my peeps like I am at home.

There’s still a restriction on countries.

I've only just started bloody using it

Stuff like this makes me wish I hadn’t made the decision to start a 24 month contract on o2. Will probably be moving to EE after.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions