Tumble Dryer Buying Advice, wait for Black Friday?

Posted 31st Oct
Our AEG Condensing Tumble Dryer is dying.
It's 4 years old (out of warranty) and stops after 15 mins cycle.
Error Codes are E50 and E54

Motor in-operational.
Possible fault Excessive wash load; Voltage too low; Motor/transmission system inoperative.
Machine Status/Action Cycle paused after several attempts at powering the motor

It's sad to say, but a with a replacement motor coming in around £120 + the charge from a repair person, we are thinking of buying a new one.

SOoooo
Should we wait until Black Friday (a faff with 3 kids in washable nappies) or are the deals not worth the wait (3 weeks of the kitchen turning into a never ending laundry)
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Do you have access to the Samsung discount portal via employee reward schemes. If so there’s a 35% discount available on heat pump dryers. Just bought a DV6000 for £400 which retails for £600
Wait until Black Friday when eBay tend to have 15 to 20% off.
I’ve yet to see decent BF reductions on the top brands. It’s usually the low end dryers that get discounted
4 years and already packed? I would search for youtube videos and possible solutions to fix it myself
Thanks for the replies.
Unfortunately our 'Perks at Work' aren't very perky no Samsung and AO is cheaper..

We can't vent externally would you go for condenser or Heat Pump?
Stevelow_21231/10/2019 12:09

Do you have access to the Samsung discount portal via employee reward …Do you have access to the Samsung discount portal via employee reward schemes. If so there’s a 35% discount available on heat pump dryers. Just bought a DV6000 for £400 which retails for £600

I would like access and want a heat pumpdryer - any chance?
stuartw31/10/2019 13:21

Thanks for the replies.Unfortunately our 'Perks at Work' aren't very perky …Thanks for the replies.Unfortunately our 'Perks at Work' aren't very perky no Samsung and AO is cheaper..We can't vent externally would you go for condenser or Heat Pump?

Heat pump the energy savings pays for the price difference within a year
googley231/10/2019 13:55

I would like access and want a heat pumpdryer - any chance?

Sorry I can't provide access it's usually linked to Employer benefit schemes
Stevelow_21231/10/2019 14:02

Heat pump the energy savings pays for the price difference within a year

Also heatpump, Much kinder to your cloathes
Don't heat pump dryers take ages to dry clothes? I know they have to be used in an heated room too as I was looking to use one in my garage. In the end I bought an Indesit vented dryer for £139 in eBay Black Friday sale direct from the manufacturer ( was £179 to £199 everywhere else).
Heat pump is far better and kinder to clothes and also kinda on the wallet
From reading online, Heat Pump work in room 5oC and over. I am pretty sure an unheated garage should remain over that temp, will check in the morning with an old school thermometer.
However ApplianceDirect does say
"but avoid placing them in garages and outbuildings as they need to operate within a minimum ambient temperature range."
Maybe some more reading is needed

Does anyone know of reliable numbers around the saving between A++ and A+++ ?

Thanks
Edited by: "stuartw" 1st Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants