Groups

Tumble dryer help!

Got a new White Knight vented dryer, which can with a standard size vent hose. Thing is, I need it to be longer to stretch to a window in my porch, so I bought a 4m replacement.

When I was trying to remove the existing hose, it ripped like a piece of paper - which I guess is all they're made of!

Does anyone know if the hose extends deep into the body of the dryer housing, if it they normally terminate shortly after entering the dryer - so I can take off the back plate and remove the existing one, or if the existing one is completely one part.

Hope this makes sense.

I will like you if you help me

7 Comments

I have no idea, but can't you just attach the new hose to the old one, or what's left of it? I thought you could buy 'extensions' rather than 'replacements'.

Banned

why not take it off and find out?

Original Poster

Penny Saver

I have no idea, but can't you just attach the new hose to the old one, or … I have no idea, but can't you just attach the new hose to the old one, or what's left of it? I thought you could buy 'extensions' rather than 'replacements'.

Yeah, I think that's maybe what I should have bought - read up a bit more there and they can clip onto an existing square plastic connector. problem is, I've ripped the existing one.

whatsThePoint

why not take it off and find out?

Yeah, kinda worried about doing that, but will pop down and have a go now.

Original Poster

Jumpingphil

Get this and two of the clips on the same page.

Cheers phil, but I don't wanna put a hole through my wall.

Got it fixed, had to take the back off, removed the entire hose assembly - removed hose from housing and replaced with new, clipped back into place, and screwed the back on. Working fine now.

Cheers everyone.

Original Poster

Jumpingphil

I meant to use as a joining piece to save you taking the back off, but … I meant to use as a joining piece to save you taking the back off, but sounds like your done now anyway.

Ah, fair enough mate. Thanks again.

Banned

worth a few brownie `points I should think.

Good Job.

apollo 13 stuff methinx! oO
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1219
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2487
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1117
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?917

See more discussions