Tumble dyers ??

Found 21st Jul
I have a 50 pounds off voucher for very.co.uk and was going to get a tumble dryer but I have no idea what makes a good one or not...

I think the price range I'm looking at would be energy rating B ones... This seems to be heavily reviewed, what do you think ??

reevoo.com/p/i…t3b
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
Don’t just look at Very just because you have a discount voucher. You may still find better deals by shopping around.
I agree with choccie, shop around for any particular model you may be interested in and check for any discount codes. I personally would avoid Hotpoint but that’s mainly due to their customer service over the potential fire risk a couple of years ago. I currently have one though
Yes im looking to get one soon too, i've been looking at AAA energy ratings, don't know much about them. I have heard they are really expensive to run?
f3rgy1524 m ago

Yes im looking to get one soon too, i've been looking at AAA energy …Yes im looking to get one soon too, i've been looking at AAA energy ratings, don't know much about them. I have heard they are really expensive to run?

We run ours all year round, never noticed any change in the bill when we got it.
choccie3251 m ago

Don’t just look at Very just because you have a discount voucher. You may s …Don’t just look at Very just because you have a discount voucher. You may still find better deals by shopping around.

Well all the 200 pounds ones are that price in other stores anyways though, so if they are good I'd be saving 50 off them! I just honestly don't know what I'd be looking for in specs other than the energy rating... size... noise levels
I have a Bosch A+++ worth the money, rock solid and no problems 4+ years with no faults at all. Have had a indesit and constant faults and parts costs, I used to change the heating element yearly as it always broke (did it myself as it cost about £30 for the part) engineer call out start at £100 I had that one for about 6 years and dumped it so steer clear of the cheap brands as they will cost you more.

Our bill reduced with a new one as our old one the rating was lower.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 21st Jul
Subscribe to which for £1 to get a decent guide and reviews

Get one with a sensor

Mine is 14 years old and works like new

very.co.uk/whi…prd
Edited by: "chocci" 21st Jul
Avoid the Whirlpool brands, Hotpoint and Indesit amongst others.
Recommend Bosch.
deeky38 m ago

Just avoid Very at all costs.

Soent thousands at very and never had a bad experience personally. Always ends up being cheaper with the discount codes they give you too I find! I'm probably due a bad experience ha
cmdr_elito51 m ago

I have a Bosch A+++ worth the money, rock solid and no problems 4+ years …I have a Bosch A+++ worth the money, rock solid and no problems 4+ years with no faults at all. Have had a indesit and constant faults and parts costs, I used to change the heating element yearly as it always broke (did it myself as it cost about £30 for the part) engineer call out start at £100 I had that one for about 6 years and dumped it so steer clear of the cheap brands as they will cost you more.Our bill reduced with a new one as our old one the rating was lower.

Just don't think I would use it enough to spend a lot more on a more energy saving one ? Is there a really big difference from a B rating upwards on savings ?
chrisredmayne2 h, 14 m ago

Just don't think I would use it enough to spend a lot more on a more …Just don't think I would use it enough to spend a lot more on a more energy saving one ? Is there a really big difference from a B rating upwards on savings ?

It’s not huge but think about the brand more. You’ll spend more on parts if you go with indesit/hotpoint and their sub brands.

very.co.uk/bosch-wtn83200gb-8kg-condenser-sensor-tumble-dryer-white/1600285449.prd?_requestid=55791&Ntt=bosch%20tumblr%20dryer

Just bear in mind the newer tumble dryers take longer to dry but use less energy. If stuff gets knotted like sheets fold them before putting them in (they will dry) and because they produce less heat and turn off when they sense the clothes are dry they don’t shrink or burn clothes like they used to. If your used to the old dryers keep and open mind it is different.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 21st Jul
deeky1 h, 1 m ago

Just avoid Very at all costs.

I find this strange as I've had no issues with them. They have a strange way of doing things but it worked when I had an issue. We had a cotbed delivered. One large box. The outer box had 'Box one of two' printed on it. I had to prove, with photos, that the two missing end panels weren't there. Then send the post order back and re-order. We couldn't wait so we paid the extra round tien, but we got the refund. One to is to use the credit account, even if paying in full, then pay it off in full. Refund seem to go onto the credit account really quickly.
cmdr_elito1 h, 18 m ago

It’s not huge but think about the brand more. You’ll spend more on parts if …It’s not huge but think about the brand more. You’ll spend more on parts if you go with indesit/hotpoint and their sun brands.https://www.very.co.uk/bosch-wtn83200gb-8kg-condenser-sensor-tumble-dryer-white/1600285449.prd?_requestid=55791&Ntt=bosch%20tumblr%20dryerJust bear in mind the newer tumble dryers take longer to dry but use less energy. If stuff gets knotted like sheets fold them before putting them in (they will dry) and because they produce less heat and turn off when they sense the clothes are dry they don’t shrink or burn clothes like they used to. If your used to the old dryers keep and open mind it is different.

Parts not the issue, fire risk is well known with these Whirlpool brands.
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 21st Jul
mrty1 h, 26 m ago

I find this strange as I've had no issues with them. They have a strange …I find this strange as I've had no issues with them. They have a strange way of doing things but it worked when I had an issue. We had a cotbed delivered. One large box. The outer box had 'Box one of two' printed on it. I had to prove, with photos, that the two missing end panels weren't there. Then send the post order back and re-order. We couldn't wait so we paid the extra round tien, but we got the refund. One to is to use the credit account, even if paying in full, then pay it off in full. Refund seem to go onto the credit account really quickly.

Of course there are going to be some people who don't have any issues, you must be one of them. I sincerely hope it stays that way because trust me, all those 1 star reviews are a good indication of how they treat you when things go wrong. I could go on with details myself but tbh, I just can't be bothered. I link to the TP page and let others make up their own minds, based upon what they see. I've done my bit then.
chrisredmayne1 h, 51 m ago

Soent thousands at very and never had a bad experience personally. Always …Soent thousands at very and never had a bad experience personally. Always ends up being cheaper with the discount codes they give you too I find! I'm probably due a bad experience ha

That's great. Same as above ^^
deeky7 h, 32 m ago

Of course there are going to be some people who don't have any issues, you …Of course there are going to be some people who don't have any issues, you must be one of them. I sincerely hope it stays that way because trust me, all those 1 star reviews are a good indication of how they treat you when things go wrong. I could go on with details myself but tbh, I just can't be bothered. I link to the TP page and let others make up their own minds, based upon what they see. I've done my bit then.

I always think that revue sites are very Dubious. Not many people bother giving good reviews, but almost everyone wants to share their bad experiences. So when you take the hokey, paid for, reviews or off the equation they tend to be biased that's bad reviews.
Definitely get one with a sensor, cuts down drying time a lot. The sensor on my hotpoint dryer stops it a bit too soon and I have to restart it and it usually runs for another 15 minutes or so to get it dry, but it still saves time and electricity.

Only consider buying a Hotpoint/Indesit/Creda if you are happy to strip it down and repair it yourself, or you'll likely be wasting money on labour costs or expensive insurance. Probably more sensible to spend a bit more on a more reliable machine.

Also, daftly, energy efficiency rating bands for condenser dryers and vented dryers aren't quite the same. An 'A' rated condenser can use slightly more electricity that a 'A'; rated vented.
Edited by: "melted" 21st Jul
mrty4 h, 26 m ago

I always think that revue sites are very Dubious. Not many people bother …I always think that revue sites are very Dubious. Not many people bother giving good reviews, but almost everyone wants to share their bad experiences. So when you take the hokey, paid for, reviews or off the equation they tend to be biased that's bad reviews.

So more good reviews would negate all those horrors stories? I'm talking from experience. I've had the exact same issues as a lot of those reviews so I believe them all to be genuine.
Anyway, I'm not here to debate it. I'm trying to help people. Whether you or anyone else choose to listen, or choose to shop with them after reading those reviews, it's entirely your choice. It's no skin off my nose, I've done my bit.
I got a white knight one for £99 from this site at Tesco Direct (RIP). Still going 7 years later
deeky8 h, 46 m ago

So more good reviews would negate all those horrors stories? I'm talking …So more good reviews would negate all those horrors stories? I'm talking from experience. I've had the exact same issues as a lot of those reviews so I believe them all to be genuine. Anyway, I'm not here to debate it. I'm trying to help people. Whether you or anyone else choose to listen, or choose to shop with them after reading those reviews, it's entirely your choice. It's no skin off my nose, I've done my bit.

I'm not trying to devalue reviews, just trying to masks the point that you need to be cautious about believing reviews. If you look at a lot of the ads on Facebook, then check out the reviews for these companies, you will find they have hundreds of 5 star reviews. These reviews are all from fictitious people. It's big business this review lark.
You say you have had bad with them, I don't doubt it. I however haven't - yet .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions