Groups

Tuna type smell! help THANKS EVERYONE INVALUABLE HELP!

Ive checked cubboards, units, etc nothing
    Fridge etc nothing yet every so often from the kitchen comes a terrible TUNA smell..

I know this is laughable but we have checked everywhere, sinks, etc.. its not constant, its occasionally but very strong when happens. Weve even unplugged the washing machine to check for blockages!

Its driving me totally insane... cos it really stinks! I feel sick cos its just happened again!

29 Comments

check the plug

its not potatoes is it? one of mine went bad in the bottom of a bag and boy did it stink

Have you tried drain unblocker, those industrial type ones that you get from small DIY stores? :thumbsup:

Banned

its a dead rat behind the cooker...

When did you last shower??

:lol:

Original Poster

OMG you may be right about electrical!!

seriously though it can cause tuna smells? OMG

We got one plug which is abit loose and sparks!
    Daughter just blooming used it to make a cuppa! when she was told not to use it, sooo maybe thats it?

Electrical...probably.

Check out plugs/sockets and light bulbs.

I had a carrot at the back of the cupboard that was oozing a tuna aroma, when i found it and picked it up to bin it it burst!

Original Poster

Mardyass;3809482

its not potatoes is it? one of mine went bad in the bottom of a bag and … its not potatoes is it? one of mine went bad in the bottom of a bag and boy did it stink

i thought that, or onion lol but nothing , ive had whole thing out.

trying very hard not to give a dirty response.

electrical.x

Original Poster

Im totally shocked it could be electrical.. omg tuna smell.. how mad! in a way i hope it is cos it proves ive not missed anything! lol

Original Poster

acecatcher3;3809511

lol its ok i was expecting a few!!

acecatcher3;3809511

:-D:-D

http://www.manchesterfish.net/players/fishfingers.jpg

it could be a plug burning out OR light fittings/bulb melting (happened to us)! Check everything

We had an old lamp (that we inherited) and when it was switched on the bulb would heat up the bulb holder which would then make a fishy smell. Try checkin that too.

If all else fails you might need to stop blaming the house and buy a tube of canestan for yourself :p:w00t:

modoc;3809529

:-D:-D

lolage

Original Poster

nikkib123;3809524

Sounds like electrical, when it happended it work it smelt like mackeral … Sounds like electrical, when it happended it work it smelt like mackeral !!

YEP and cos my house i open plan, the whole house smells like tuna/salmon ewwwww

Original Poster

JasonMason;3809543

We had an old lamp (that we inherited) and when it was switched on the … We had an old lamp (that we inherited) and when it was switched on the bulb would heat up the bulb holder which would then make a fishy smell. Try checkin that too.If all else fails you might need to stop blaming the house and buy a tube of canestan for yourself :p:w00t:

pmsl....:p if i smelt this bad its not canestan Id need! it would be quaratine! lol

If you have a fridg /frezer that defrosts its self check the evaporation tray at the back of the fridge.

JasonMason;3809505

I had a carrot at the back of the cupboard that was oozing a tuna aroma, … I had a carrot at the back of the cupboard that was oozing a tuna aroma, when i found it and picked it up to bin it it burst!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Think you need these posted today: hotukdeals.com/ite…f-/ :whistling:
    Greenknickers
    Padded Cycling brief This cycling brief from Greenknickers is styled in a bamboo and organic cotton blend fabric, notable for its breathable antibacterial properties. It has padding that attaches with Velcro and it features embroidery motifs at both the front and full rear.
    :roll:

finding nemo!! http://i41.tinypic.com/rhk27r.jpg

could also be meat if its defrosting and putrid like pork

Check any curtain poles..... unscrew the ends...... one of my friends moved into a house and eventually found the previous tennants put raw prawns in the end of the curtain poles in 3 rooms of their house before they left

B.Davidson05;3810159

Check any curtain poles..... unscrew the ends...... one of my friends … Check any curtain poles..... unscrew the ends...... one of my friends moved into a house and eventually found the previous tennants put raw prawns in the end of the curtain poles in 3 rooms of their house before they left

Thats like, well bad!

I have heard of that as revenge but doing that to complete strangers? :w00t:

Banned

***** ??????:o

Does it only smell when the heating is on? Try the radiator.

Original Poster

lol

i am sure its the electrics, the smells not happened since. weve not used the offending plug. It makes sense now... i just didnt realise faulty plugs can smell like tuna! lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow711
      2. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller34
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2151
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767360
      5. love affairs2059

See more discussions