EXPIRED

tunble dryer deal request n question if anyone can help

Hi my tumble dryer has decided no tto get hot. it spins round as should but blowing cold air not hot air, is this fixable ?? would be great if someone could help. it is 10 years old so done it job but cant afford to fork out for new one if fixable.

Is thereany good deals around at mo that people have spotted ?? incase

4 Comments

just repaired m two daughters machines with the same fault

the one it was the element that had gone and that cost her £18 for a new one,the other was the thermostat which cost her £14
if it is one of them two (which it prob is) the cost will depend on the model and make and if you got some one who can put them in for you,there pretty easy to do

terry7866;6280054

just repaired m two daughters machines with the same faultthe one it was … just repaired m two daughters machines with the same faultthe one it was the element that had gone and that cost her £18 for a new one,the other was the thermostat which cost her £14if it is one of them two (which it prob is) the cost will depend on the model and make and if you got some one who can put them in for you,there pretty easy to do

Agreed, did mine too. Piece of cake.

I guess if someone comes here then they are not up to fixing it themselves and for a 10 year old machine, it is probably not worth getting someone in to fix it. The only possible argument to support the repair option would be if the old one was a top quality make and the proposed replacement was a poor modern make with a likely short lifespan.

A quick look at John Lewis shows me condenser tumble driers from about £225 with a warranty extension to 5 years costing another £75. So you have £300 for 5 years or about £1 a week for 5 years trouble free drying.

I'm sure you could get cheaper options (not vented, which are cheaper) but I guess you are talking at £200 minimum.

Just a thought, what about one of the ebay shops who does official outlets for shops where customer have returned things which cannot legally be resold as new. I bought a Canon printer that way with 12 months warranty and only the box was dented. Saved about 65%.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Wifi extender67
    2. Uploading screen recordings/images online22
    3. Iptv66
    4. Gamecube Component Cable56

See more discussions