Tunisia

Posted 31st Oct
I'm looking at taking the Mrs away for a week or so at the end of November or early December for her birthday, and have been looking at deals on TUI etc, and notice that the prices seem to creep up on a daily basis for the deals I've looked at - discounts were applied on Monday.

Were not in any hurry, and happy to book a last minute deal i.e. the week before - is it worth waiting, and were not fixed on Tunisia, but wanted somewhere warmish that's all inclusive.

Thoughts?
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
They were not very nice to the Thomas Cook customers who were stranded, on top of the increased security concerns of late I would give them (Tunisia) a wide pass!
Edited by: "groenleader" 31st Oct
19 Comments
They were not very nice to the Thomas Cook customers who were stranded, on top of the increased security concerns of late I would give them (Tunisia) a wide pass!
Edited by: "groenleader" 31st Oct
groenleader31/10/2019 09:39

They were not very nice to the Thomas Cook customers who were stranded, on …They were not very nice to the Thomas Cook customers who were stranded, on top of the increased security concerns of late I would give them a wide pass!

I'm assuming you mean Tunisia? and not TUI?
fuzed31/10/2019 09:41

I'm assuming you mean Tunisia? and not TUI?

Indeed Tunisia! I will amend!
Where can you fly from//how long for?
we want to fly from Manchester and about a week.
ellenw31/10/2019 10:32

Where can you fly from//how long for?

ellenw31/10/2019 11:08

Latedeals is good for package holidays …Latedeals is good for package holidays https://www.latedeals.co.uk/search/results/performSearch?sg=2230578929#sr=&searchId=2316679268&pn=1&orderBy=price&orderByDir=ascCode LDEMAIL25 for £25 off

thanks, seems ok, not much different to TUI prices
fuzed31/10/2019 13:35

thanks, seems ok, not much different to TUI prices

It's owned by TUI, it's a bit cheaper, I find it easier to compare dates etc.
Edited by: "ellenw" 31st Oct
thank you it is helpful, price wise I'll possibly wait for a last minute deal the week before, no real hurry or worry about destination, as long as its a warmish break away, she'll be happy!
Tunisia is a crap hole. Best avoided.
Depends if you classify 8-17c average warmish
chocci01/11/2019 08:07

Depends if you classify 8-17c average warmish

I'd prefer somewhere a little warmer, possilbly in the 20's, as I said its not a fixed destination - and were happy to do a last minute deal.
fuzed01/11/2019 08:22

I'd prefer somewhere a little warmer, possilbly in the 20's, as I said its …I'd prefer somewhere a little warmer, possilbly in the 20's, as I said its not a fixed destination - and were happy to do a last minute deal.

Cape Verde, Egypt or canaries then realistically

Prices are really high now for Nov and December due to Thomas Cook going under and 100,000s+ rebooking. Can normally get flights to the canaries for less than £100 return but they are all £250+. Accommodation prices are equally exorbitant.

Take a look here

loveholidays.com/hol…yHA
Edited by: "chocci" 1st Nov
thankyou, I didn't even think about the Thomas Cook issues, will have a look to see whats around
Tunisia...been there, wouldn't again.
Quite a noticeable "feeling" of anti white English, sometimes more than a feeling too(blatant)...
Advise.. go somewhere else, avoid Tunisia and it's people.
that is a very good deal, thank you!
ellenw06/11/2019 09:16

Marhaba Salem Hotel 2nd Dec £252pp …Marhaba Salem Hotel 2nd Dec £252pp https://www.latedeals.co.uk/search/results/performSearch?sg=2175268214#sr=&searchId=2310572607&pn=1&orderBy=price&orderByDir=asc

That's exactly where I went. Was several years a go but was riddled with cockroaches. Cold/dark damp corridors didn't really help and outside the hotel was a baron wasteland, Even found loads of bones on there etc.. Think they were goats and dogs etc... Was constantly harassed by the locals, mainly taxi's etc.. They just don't take no for an answer. The waiters were great though.
It's a no go now anyway, mrs has decided that she wants to get the nipper into a routine and can't leave her with the MIL. So were going no where!
I'll just save some money and spend it on a black friday bargin instead! lol
Thank you all for your contributions!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants