Groups

Turkey or chicken for Christmas

I prefer turkey but 2 of the kids hate it.

25 Comments

we never have proper turkey we havin beef and a mathews turkey roast

Got to be turkey! How old are the kids? tell them its chicken if they are young and they will eat it and like it.

Duck

love both , turkey is better at crimbo as long as its not overcooked

Make your kids happy dude, give em chicken

Turkey although like chicken too. This year we're doing a turkey crown and pork shoulder

Venison

Beans on toast with a sprig of holly on the side for decoration.

tell em if they dont eat turkey santa wont come

All either vegetarian or vegan here

If you have to eat meat though, I would say Turkey rather than chicken, chicken is something most people eat all the time, whereas not as many people have turkey a lot. Makes it more special if you are having something different
    Edited by: "kelly_o_fanatic" 22nd Dec 2010

I'm cooking a big gammon joint,beef joint and turkey boned,rolled and stuffed.

2x 8oz Fillet Steak served with a Creamy pepper sauce & of course I'll just take some of the Piggys in blankets,Roast pots,Stuffin etc etc but hate smelly Sprouts.

Goose for Christmas day Turkey on boxing day.
    I did Venison last year nobody liked it so I had it for sandwhiches. Tastes a lot better a couple of days after it's been roasted.

Edited by: "trog0" 23rd Dec 2010

WheresMeNuts

2x 8oz Fillet Steak served with a Creamy pepper sauce & of course I'll … 2x 8oz Fillet Steak served with a Creamy pepper sauce & of course I'll just take some of the Piggys in blankets,Roast pots,Stuffin etc etc but hate smelly Sprouts.

If you roast the sprouts in the oven rather than boil them they taste great.

Banned

goose and ham this year

trog0

If you roast the sprouts in the oven rather than boil them they taste … If you roast the sprouts in the oven rather than boil them they taste great.

This, roasted with a splash of balsamic vinegar, sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper they are an altogether different food.

As for meat, Turkey is too dry for me, chicken too everyday, so may try a bit of Bison or some Ostrich fillets, both are nice.

My Mum is picking up a duck stuffed in a goose stuffed in a chicken from M&S tomorrow, veg, roasted tatties, done.

I just can't eat Sprouts full stop as they Smell like S*** & a few of my work m8's tell me this.BTW I'm a Chef & so myself & my workmates are qualified to say this X)

Duck's my favourite but i always have Turkey as it's tradition. I've never tried Goose but i plan to have it next year as that's the real tradition. Turkey is a relatively recent cross-over from thanks giving in America.

Banned

Turkey for me. If anyone complains Turkey is too dry then they're not cooking it right,

Banned

Neither

Turkey.

Pick it up from a butchers on Christmas eve.

Banned

Hmm a choice of two dry tasteless meats...

Now which is better? There's only one way to find out...

Banned

http://www.cybersalt.org/images/stories/cleanlaugh/t/turkeylamp.jpg

WheresMeNuts

I just can't eat Sprouts full stop as they Smell like S*** & a few of my … I just can't eat Sprouts full stop as they Smell like S*** & a few of my work m8's tell me this.BTW I'm a Chef & so myself & my workmates are qualified to say this X)

Can't believe you said that! I hate sprouts when my parent's do them as they are just mush but a just cooked sprout is a joy to eat, unlike spinach and kale euugh now they really are the veg of the devil.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99

See more discussions