Expired

TURKISH LIRA

Found 7th May 2008
Hi guys im going to turkey again in a months time and im taking a few currencys as they prefer £'s over there but i also like having a few hundred in euros for trips and a few hundred in turkish lira.Just wondering if anyone knew of the best deals on lira and euros at the minute please

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
5 Comments

dont buy lira here at all ever as it drops so fast-buy it IF you need it. I always use £ and you get a better rate in shops. Order a nationwide cashcard or similar as on mse and you can get cash daily from cash machine no fees!!

Went to Turkey a couple of years back and took Lira - big mistake. Where we stayed shops didnt seem to want them - preferred the euro.

If you're any where near Coventry, try Thomas Cook Earlsdon branch, ask for VIP rate when you speak to Mr S Bennett.......

Always works for me....

:whistling:

M&S are the best place to buy Euros, I travel a lot and I can guarantee you won't find a better deal.

Also Thomas Cook will match any quote you get from anywhere else.

i used to work for thomas cook and theyre rates are very flexible. aslong as u say u priced matched someone, ttt money corp are a very good place to look for good deals, then pop into a thomas cook branch show them the rate thats being offered and bobs you fathers brother!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Proof of time travel ?1012
    2. What should the future now hold for Bob, Grace, Bob Jr, Bona, Chatunga and …78
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771915
    4. Without saying how old you are, Name one thing from your childhood someone …73130

See more discussions