Turn £20 Nectar Points into £35 cash - Nectar Double-Up/CEX

Found 16th Nov 2017Edited by:"m.ad"
In case anyone has enough Nectar points and wants to make a few quid for Christmas, I though I would share a trick to convert them into cash. It is a bit of work but it may be worth it to some.

Sainsburys are currently running their Nectar Double-Up promo, and are currently selling Assassins Creed: Origins for £39.99, so you can get this for £20 worth of Nectar points (if you visit Customer Services and ask to double up for a £40 voucher). Note that £20 is 4000 Nectar points.

CEX currently offer £35 for the game on both Xbox One and PS4. You can either walk into store to trade it in, or book it online to hold the price for up to seven days - they provide you with a freepost label.

PS4: uk.webuy.com/pro…557
XBO: uk.webuy.com/pro…571

Yes, this may be a bit of a faff for most people. But if, like me, you have the points and the means, its a little bit of free money and I thought it was worth a share
Community Updates
Misc
5 Comments
got 37.50 each for two copies from my local no name games store which is next to a cex fiver more and much quicker than faffing around in CEX
200 quid of nectar points left to convert

did another two today
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 16th Nov 2017
Thanks OP.
How many can you buy from Sainsbury’s & sell at CEX at one time ?
Bought a copy through Nectar, sold it to CEX for £35 after finding the gold edition on Ubistore for...£35
FrozenFire19th Nov

Thanks OP. How many can you buy from Sainsbury’s & sell at CEX at one time …Thanks OP. How many can you buy from Sainsbury’s & sell at CEX at one time ?

Only 1 per day from Sainsburys. Sold two to cex instore at the same time, was no issue.

Was short of points for a third game, so converted for £30 voucher and bought wwe 2k18 without paying anything extra. Then sold to cex for £24.

Many thanks to OP, managed to get rid of a lot of points accumulated fron taking out a nectar Amex card.
Original Poster
whereisthesun16 m ago

Only 1 per day from Sainsburys. Sold two to cex instore at the same time, …Only 1 per day from Sainsburys. Sold two to cex instore at the same time, was no issue.Was short of points for a third game, so converted for £30 voucher and bought wwe 2k18 without paying anything extra. Then sold to cex for £24.Many thanks to OP, managed to get rid of a lot of points accumulated fron taking out a nectar Amex card.

You're welcome

Good spot with WWE 2k18 - You get a little bit more for the XBO version, £26. Might try and get one last trade in before promo finishes tomorrow!
Edited by: "m.ad" 20th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants