Groups

Turn 35mm negatives into digital ????HOW???

Looking to turn my years of 35mm negatives into digital (cd) format.

There is an offer in todays paper for a device which will perform this very thing,it is called "Summit 2 Photophix Scanner" and works through the usb 2.0 connection and turns the negative into jpg format. It is offered @ £89.95 delivered.

Does anyone have any experience of this sort of thing and can advise on what to look for when purchasing this device? Is this a fair price?

any help welcome

11 Comments

I've seen one of these on offer somewhere recently. Let me have a look through my emails.

I think this was the one £69.99 delivered. Not used one I'm afraid so no help there.
    maplin.co.uk/Sea…D=Y

Ive got one tucked in a cupboard somewhere, used for one batch of negatives then forgotten about!

Thanks for reminding me, i'll see if I can dig the blighter out, I only bought it as it was cheap a few years ago in Jessops, marked at £29.99 (should have been £129.99ish as that was the price elsewhere!) gave good results though!

dcx_badass;2608675

Get them reprinted then use a normal scanner.

Rather expensive if you have loads of negatives......:whistling:

Original Poster

choc1969;2608684

Rather expensive if you have loads of negatives......:whistling:

Exactly why I want to try this 35mm scanner method,
    I probably have 1000, 35mm negs or more !!!!!

Original Poster

harlzter;2608635

Ive got one tucked in a cupboard somewhere, used for one batch of … Ive got one tucked in a cupboard somewhere, used for one batch of negatives then forgotten about!Thanks for reminding me, i'll see if I can dig the blighter out, I only bought it as it was cheap a few years ago in Jessops, marked at £29.99 (should have been £129.99ish as that was the price elsewhere!) gave good results though!

Does the above mean you want to sell it ??????:?

I bought one from Jessops years ago for my colour slides ,did quite a good job of them , but that was in the days of good old Windows 98 and the unit wont work on Xp . If you have lots of negatives and slide's there worth buying and cheaper than "getting them reprinted".

My HP Photosmart 3210 has a negative scanner facility, or slides..
    I've used it a few times with good results, (takes a little fiddling about)
    Some newer scanners must have the ability surely..

rangermastiffs;2609212

Does the above mean you want to sell it ??????:?

No it means I have to dig it out for use as I keep putting it off, its time consuming and laborious about 3-4 minutes per pic!:w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927344
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      4. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917

See more discussions