Turn a normal TV into a smart TV

Found 13th Sep 2017
Hi guys, just what the title says.

How can I turn my normal TV into a smart TV? I do not really fancy spending a few hundred pounds on a new TV when the one I have is perfectly fine. Is there anything available for me just to cast to the TV. Like TV shows etc.

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Simply buy amazon firestick and plug into hdmi port and job done.Here is the link
firestick
Now TV box
Depending on the apps you want either a Chromecast or firestick.
joedastudd10 h, 16 m ago

Depending on the apps you want either a Chromecast or firestick.

something where i can watch catch up tv on, send it to my phone etc.
As Dolphinzz says start with a NowTV box - has all the catchup players on it. You can get one for £5.99 delivered ebay.co.uk/itm…okJ You need to create an account with Now TV but no need to spend anything to use the Freeview catchup services.

An Android box (sometimes called Kodi boxes) will cost you £25-35 for one with 2GB RAM. This has more functionality - all apps you can install on a phone can be installed on the box.
Van19731 h, 30 m ago

As Dolphinzz says start with a NowTV box - has all the catchup players on …As Dolphinzz says start with a NowTV box - has all the catchup players on it. You can get one for £5.99 delivered http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOW-TV-Box-Power-Supply-HDMI-cable-ONLY-New-No-Pass-/232483904040?hash=item36211eda28:g:ZaoAAOSw1LRZsokJ You need to create an account with Now TV but no need to spend anything to use the Freeview catchup services.An Android box (sometimes called Kodi boxes) will cost you £25-35 for one with 2GB RAM. This has more functionality - all apps you can install on a phone can be installed on the box.

Can you recommend a kodi box please?
Aaronnnn1 h, 26 m ago

Can you recommend a kodi box please?

banggood.com/Mec…rch

I have one of these on order - it has generally good reviews (there are a couple of threads about it on Hotukdeals if you have a search for "mecool"). I got it at £25 but that was the cheapest I've seen it at. Already own a Droidbox but that cost me £95 and does nothing more than this box. Lots of videos on youtube on what to do with these boxes. If you buy any other box make sure it has a minimum of 2GB ram.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants