Turntable recommendations?

Posted 29th Dec 2019
I've recently discovered the joys of vinyl, currently using a cheap turntable with built in speakers, but am looking to upgrade to something a little better.

I understand that I should avoid built in speakers, and make sure whatever I'm using has a counter weight, but other than that I'm a bit lost on what to look for!

I've heard good thing about audio Technica, but hoping to stick to a budget of around £100 if possible.

Can anyone recommend anything in this price range?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
AUDIO TECHNICA AT-LP60X Belt Drive Turntable Can be under £100. They are like gold dust at this price or when lower. I have Lenco semi-auto L-85 which works well as couldn’t get hold of AT
Remember you will need an amplifier, or a better option is something like these. They have built in amplifier and an improved cone system. There is also a version where the two speakers are connected by Bluetooth, so you only have one wire from the deck to the speaker and no wires dragging across the room to the next speaker. There's also a system using these and a dedicated deck, they habe great reviews - I've got one on order.
ChuckTheDuck29/12/2019 12:20

AUDIO TECHNICA AT-LP60X Belt Drive Turntable Can be under £100. They are …AUDIO TECHNICA AT-LP60X Belt Drive Turntable Can be under £100. They are like gold dust at this price or when lower. I have Lenco semi-auto L-85 which works well as couldn’t get hold of AT

This turntable with Edifier speakers for less than £200 on Amazon.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 29th Dec 2019
Ringfinger29/12/2019 13:30

This turntable with Edifier speakers for less than £200 on Amazon.

I use mine with a mini system and 20w 🔊. Have a wooden tape deck too connected.
The audio Technica seems to be on sale in curry's for 99
Edited by: "Marycannell" 29th Dec 2019
Ringfinger29/12/2019 13:23

Remember you will need an amplifier, or a better option is something like …Remember you will need an amplifier, or a better option is something like these. They have built in amplifier and an improved cone system. There is also a version where the two speakers are connected by Bluetooth, so you only have one wire from the deck to the speaker and no wires dragging across the room to the next speaker. There's also a system using these and a dedicated deck, they habe great reviews - I've got one on order.

I did wonder about bluetooth- I have a Bluetooth soubdbar I could use--but would connecting a turntable wirelessly still give you the authentic "old" vinyl kind of sound iykwim?

I really am a novice on this subject :/
Edited by: "Marycannell" 29th Dec 2019
Avoid belt drive, I'd only buy direct drive. Personally if i ever do get back into decks, it would be a single dd turntable hooked upto something, like an amp and speaker.
Rega turntables are superb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants