Tv

Found 9th Apr
Hi guys,

Quick question, I know it’s all subjective but upgrading my old Led 3D LG!

Was wandering what would be better to get
Out of LG 60” 4K smart tv priced 699 or go for the Hisense 65” 4K.

I have little knowledge on 4K and hdr but believe that none of these are try hdr and run an 8 +2?

Are Hisense really a bad brand or just starting in a competitive market?

I have LG home cinema that works with system-link.

What would the tech heads recommend with the 600/700 budget.

Cheers guys
Community Updates
AskElectronicsTV
10 Comments
Go for the hisense but try getting the latest model
I've also been looking for a new tv, but the only ones that get decent consistent reviews seem to be top end LG or Sony's.

I don't trust half of the cust reviews for the cheaper models because it's clear half of them don't know what to look for.

The Oled 55" LG for £1400 seems to be the best bargain - not sure how much longer it will last for though.
It's a common misconception that the LCD panel bit depth is an important factor in HDR, as it is for 10-bit SDR (normal video). The important bits of hardware for HDR are a wider colour gamut backlight and a local dimming system to increase contrast so more brightness can be applied to highlights without affecting the average picture brightness.

But at £600-700 for a 60-65" TV you're not going to get much HDR hardware so I wouldn't worry about it. If you do plan to feed a lot of HDR content to the TV then I'd look focus something that does a good job of mapping it down to it's abilities. Otherwise just focus on normal picture quality.

I guess the two TVs you're considering are the bottom of their respective manufacturers' 60-65" ranges? The N5300 and UJ63?

The Hisense is probably better if you tend to watch in a dimly lit room while LG will probably have slightly better long term support for the smart TV software.

Hisense are a big chinese manufacturer moving into the worldwide market.
I've got the Hisense 65 inch one (the one that costs around £699 or £599 from Costco) and it's stunning...

If you don't mind the 5 inch difference, the LG is also a good buy - basing that on the fact that evidently Hisense customer service is appalling (according to reviews, not first hand).
Thanks guys
r2mahara9 m ago

I've got the Hisense 65 inch one (the one that costs around £699 or £599 f …I've got the Hisense 65 inch one (the one that costs around £699 or £599 from Costco) and it's stunning... If you don't mind the 5 inch difference, the LG is also a good buy - basing that on the fact that evidently Hisense customer service is appalling (according to reviews, not first hand).

This is what I’m looking at. Is the pic quality good? Only 4K content will be Netflix
Bigfootpete44 m ago

I've also been looking for a new tv, but the only ones that get decent …I've also been looking for a new tv, but the only ones that get decent consistent reviews seem to be top end LG or Sony's.I don't trust half of the cust reviews for the cheaper models because it's clear half of them don't know what to look for.The Oled 55" LG for £1400 seems to be the best bargain - not sure how much longer it will last for though.

Yeah I’ve always had LG and Samsung over the years but the oled/Qled are all out of my price range now.

So having to go for the lower end of the spectrum.
My current tv is still going strong but wanting a larger display.
So I bit the bullet and went with the Hisense. I’m impressed with the image using HD services like Netflix and virgin HD. But the SD upscale is turd!

Would this be the same on all TV’s as it’s potentially stretching out a 580 to 720 image?

Just not sure if my purchase was worth it as my HD content is limited?
rayanfield8319 h, 39 m ago

This is what I’m looking at. Is the pic quality good? Only 4K content will …This is what I’m looking at. Is the pic quality good? Only 4K content will be Netflix

Pic quality is fantastic - play around with the settings a bit... "game mode" seems to prevent some tearing in Netflix 4k.

There's also Youtube 4k... when you get it try out some of the test videos on youtube.

I'm very happy with mine.
rayanfield831 h, 18 m ago

So I bit the bullet and went with the Hisense. I’m impressed with the i …So I bit the bullet and went with the Hisense. I’m impressed with the image using HD services like Netflix and virgin HD. But the SD upscale is turd! Would this be the same on all TV’s as it’s potentially stretching out a 580 to 720 image? Just not sure if my purchase was worth it as my HD content is limited?

Agreed - SD doesn't look fantastic - I always chalked it up to the large screen size. Fortunately for me most of my content is HD or 4k.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants