Tv 4k for gaming ps4/ps5

Posted 11th Dec 2019
Hey with so many deals right now on tvs I'm going to grt one for my gaming room but no idea what to get. I just want a good picture and good refresh rate for £400. I had a similar thread before but my budget was alot less.

I don't need any fancy stuff like ambilight or free view it's just used for the playstation. Help a guy out who has no clue what he's talking about.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
The TV part is easy i am confident that the Samsung Q series would be the cheapest sets that will be able to use the potential of the pro and future model but £400 is not gonna get you one they are much cheaper than last year but an entry Q model is gonna be around £600(not checked may bee a little cheaper).If you do go cheaper you will never get the potential of the console.
deleted1447778
If it's for PS5 you might want to wait until next year when more TV's have HDMI 2.1, there's only one currently and it's way over your budget
What does hdmi 2.1 give me?
deleted1447778
bryan.cunningham11/12/2019 18:36

What does hdmi 2.1 give me?

There's a whole bunch of things, two relevant to gaming would be 4K 120Hz and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR).

I'll let you look up the rest of the spec yourself
Lol you can’t future proof for a tv, but regardless of what the companies say I wouldn’t worry about ps5 and xb2 specs all TVs now will be fine. Pc gaming can’t even handle 4K at 60fps on ultra in all games and that’s with the top of the range cards. So even optimised consoles have no chance as they won’t put the best parts in as they need to be competitive... I think we will be lucky if they do 4K at a steady 60 on all games...
deleted1447778
Bargainhead12/12/2019 05:57

Lol you can’t future proof for a tv, but regardless of what the companies s …Lol you can’t future proof for a tv, but regardless of what the companies say I wouldn’t worry about ps5 and xb2 specs all TVs now will be fine. Pc gaming can’t even handle 4K at 60fps on ultra in all games and that’s with the top of the range cards. So even optimised consoles have no chance as they won’t put the best parts in as they need to be competitive... I think we will be lucky if they do 4K at a steady 60 on all games...

Jim Ryan has already confirmed it will support 4K 120Hz, he even said it will support 8K graphics, strange thing to say when games are already in development if it's not true.

You can't really compare consoles and PC hardware, console games are highly optimised for specific hardware compared to PC.

I agree though on paper looking at the spec of the PS5 you wouldn't expect 4K 120Hz if you compared it to a similar spec pc.
deleted144777812/12/2019 09:45

Jim Ryan has already confirmed it will support 4K 120Hz, he even said it …Jim Ryan has already confirmed it will support 4K 120Hz, he even said it will support 8K graphics, strange thing to say when games are already in development if it's not true.You can't really compare consoles and PC hardware, console games are highly optimised for specific hardware compared to PC.I agree though on paper looking at the spec of the PS5 you wouldn't expect 4K 120Hz if you compared it to a similar spec pc.

If we get a rock solid 60Hz at 4k for any of the cutting edge games on the next gen consoles I would be surprised. I'm still expecting checkerboarding and/or resolution scaling to hold the high frame rates, assuming developers enable this in the settings.

I'd take higher frame rates over resolution every time and the Ryzen based CPU's in the upcoming consoles will help in the area hugely.

I know the budget is £400 but after gaming on an LG OLED, there is no turning back. Forza 4 running at 60 fps on a One X is a thing of beauty.
deleted1447778
They won't need to hold frame rates with VRR.
deleted144777812/12/2019 09:45

Jim Ryan has already confirmed it will support 4K 120Hz, he even said it …Jim Ryan has already confirmed it will support 4K 120Hz, he even said it will support 8K graphics, strange thing to say when games are already in development if it's not true.You can't really compare consoles and PC hardware, console games are highly optimised for specific hardware compared to PC.I agree though on paper looking at the spec of the PS5 you wouldn't expect 4K 120Hz if you compared it to a similar spec pc.

They say it will support it but doesn’t mean you will get it in every game, you might get the odd exclusive, I’d be happy with a solid 60 in every game at 4K...

but I agree about them being highly optimised, same as apple and there apps...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions