Tv Advice

Found 10th Nov 2017
Thanks to share pay out at work I have £1500 to spend on a new tv. Ideally I would love an LG 4K Oled, (55C7) although the reviews are outstanding I’ve been put off by the reports of the tv suffering image retention. I’m think of getting a high end LED purely to reduce this risk. Any thoughts or recommendations? Thank you in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Have a look at QLED tech as that's looking good at the moment.
Its very difficult as they are new. .. I had LG TV bought in 2014 and now no picture only sound! Looks like known problem based on other peoples reviews online .... what I'm saying is new tech works fine ... longetivity you only know once you have it and used it for a while ...

looks like in general most tech companies dont make things for life anymore ... whether thats TV, fridges, Washing machines etc etc they all seem to have a life span of about 4-5 years. Depends how lucky you are i guess

Was looking at the 55B7 seen in store and picture is amazing! Also there are Samsung version which is supposed to be good and panasonic one. Samsung does make very good displays
Thank you, Qled might be he way forward. I’m just worried about spending that amount of money (which is a lot of money too me) and constantly worried if I’ve been on a screen too long. Really appreciate everyone’s feedback
krazyasif78611 m ago

Its very difficult as they are new. .. I had LG TV bought in 2014 and now …Its very difficult as they are new. .. I had LG TV bought in 2014 and now no picture only sound! Looks like known problem based on other peoples reviews online .... what I'm saying is new tech works fine ... longetivity you only know once you have it and used it for a while ...looks like in general most tech companies dont make things for life anymore ... whether thats TV, fridges, Washing machines etc etc they all seem to have a life span of about 4-5 years. Depends how lucky you are i guessWas looking at the 55B7 seen in store and picture is amazing! Also there are Samsung version which is supposed to be good and panasonic one. Samsung does make very good displays

I think you're getting brands mixed up there. Samsung don't have a version of an OLED TV, they're sticking with LCDs. They're not having a terribly good year at the high end, with many reviews of their Q-series stating they're only competitive with cheaper rival TVs.

The Sony XE93 is the most popular non-OLED TV at £1500.
No matter the set you buy, you will find people moaning about it, that is what the internet is for.

I have the 55" C7 - Played Stardew Valley for around 70hours with no image retention whatsoever. I use the built in pixel wiper or w/e it's called every now and then, no idea if it makes a difference.
Don't be put off by a few, this set is amazing
krazyasif78632 m ago

Its very difficult as they are new. .. I had LG TV bought in 2014 and now …Its very difficult as they are new. .. I had LG TV bought in 2014 and now no picture only sound! Looks like known problem based on other peoples reviews online .... what I'm saying is new tech works fine ... longetivity you only know once you have it and used it for a while ...looks like in general most tech companies dont make things for life anymore ... whether thats TV, fridges, Washing machines etc etc they all seem to have a life span of about 4-5 years. Depends how lucky you are i guessWas looking at the 55B7 seen in store and picture is amazing! Also there are Samsung version which is supposed to be good and panasonic one. Samsung does make very good displays

Contact the retailer and put a claim in under the sales of goods act. It should last longer than that.
I paid Currys £60 to do a report on a 3 year old tv that had shadows and ended up with half my money back plus the £60.
EndlessWaves28 m ago

I think you're getting brands mixed up there. Samsung don't have a version …I think you're getting brands mixed up there. Samsung don't have a version of an OLED TV, they're sticking with LCDs. They're not having a terribly good year at the high end, with many reviews of their Q-series stating they're only competitive with cheaper rival TVs. The Sony XE93 is the most popular non-OLED TV at £1500.

VA panel last time I checked
What a nice dilemma to have. Hope you find what you want
I know and I do count myself lucky, it’s purely down to the company I work for has had a good few years and it’s drove the share price up. Doubt I’ll ever be in the position again, but feel like treating myself for a change. It’s probably why I’m so reluctant to spend the money and why I want to ensure it’s the correct decision.
I’ve got a jvc 4K ultra he and it’s gorgeous 55” and was only £270 off eBay brand new with 5 year warranty. No need to spend all of that money on a tv when you can get just as good quality or even better sometimes for a fraction of the price
Khadgar10th Nov 2017

I know and I do count myself lucky, it’s purely down to the company I work …I know and I do count myself lucky, it’s purely down to the company I work for has had a good few years and it’s drove the share price up. Doubt I’ll ever be in the position again, but feel like treating myself for a change. It’s probably why I’m so reluctant to spend the money and why I want to ensure it’s the correct decision.

I suggest buying the Witcher 3 collectors edition £150 but by god the griffin statue is worth every penny
Guys. OLED TV's by LG are not recommended with average use. I was going to buy one this week but the evidence on Burnt screens is appalling. Burning on screen appears after less than six week heavy usage, and most are showing it after 1 years average use. Others have said buy a Sony. Samsung screen with many Asian devices incorporated. That's why they are better TV's. I myself might buy one. I'm thinking about it!
Yakushny12 h, 35 m ago

most are showing it after 1 years average use.

[citation needed]
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants