Groups

TV Advice?

I am currently looking for a new TV, i was originally going to get a 32", but these seem too small. I dont want a plasma, would prefer an LCD. 37" - 42".

I dont really want to spend more than £500, and would like something semi-branded and 1080p.

Anyone know of any they can recommend to kind of what i am looking for?

7 Comments

Any reason for not having a plasma?

Depends on what you are putting into it, if it's mainly standard definition then plasma is th way to go.

I would say a Panasonic 37X10 is the best TV you will get for under £600

(cue the 1080 brigade)

amazon, toshiba 1080p 37 inch xv series... gets awesome reviews and about £450!

plasma TVs give you space AIDS according to most of the customers I seem to talk to.

seriously tho, every day

plasma TVs burn
    they catch fire
    me mate says they 'go off' after 2 years
    they need the gas refilling
    they need new bulbs
    the gas is expensive
    they need the colour boosting after 3 years

surely the only other product slagged off as much as plasma TVs is Norton antivirus!!!!!

slackrat77;6560169

plasma TVs give you space AIDS according to most of the customers I seem … plasma TVs give you space AIDS according to most of the customers I seem to talk to.seriously tho, every dayplasma TVs burnthey catch fireme mate says they 'go off' after 2 yearsthey need the gas refillingthey need new bulbsthe gas is expensivethey need the colour boosting after 3 yearssurely the only other product slagged off as much as plasma TVs is Norton antivirus!!!!!

Al of which, is a load of old cobblers.

Inactive;6560266

Al of which, is a load of old cobblers.

to coin a popular American phrase "Well DUH!"

Banned

have an expensive LCD and a cheap Plasma. Plasma got moved to the front room as much better.

The gas refilling one is the best one
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522114
      2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      3. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77

See more discussions