TV Advice please

Found 8th Oct 2017
I am needing to upgrade m 50in Samsung tv. I’ve seen a few posts about the 4K TVs but getting confused when ppl say it’s not a proper 4K.
Could anyone recommend a good tv above 50in possibly a 55in or 60in with a max budget of £800, also needs to be a smart TV
thank you
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
If you want 4k then get HDR - that is the proper 4k, anything else is lower quality.
PenguinsForAll4 h, 57 m ago

If you want 4k then get HDR - that is the proper 4k, anything else is …If you want 4k then get HDR - that is the proper 4k, anything else is lower quality.

HDR and 4K are completely different, they don't even affect the same area of the picture. HDR is a bigger technology but it's one with different degrees of support instead of yes/no like 4K.

It's not currently a big factor at £800 as support is fairly minimal in that price range. You'd have to nearly double your budget to get an above-50" with significant levels of HDR ability.

Back on topic, what are you unhappy with on your current TV that you feel it needs replacing?
EndlessWaves23 h, 26 m ago

HDR and 4K are completely different, they don't even affect the same area …HDR and 4K are completely different, they don't even affect the same area of the picture. HDR is a bigger technology but it's one with different degrees of support instead of yes/no like 4K.It's not currently a big factor at £800 as support is fairly minimal in that price range. You'd have to nearly double your budget to get an above-50" with significant levels of HDR ability.Back on topic, what are you unhappy with on your current TV that you feel it needs replacing?

ive just had it a fair few year and other day the sound was playing up. the sound has never been that good, I have to have it turned up during in the evening and sometimes I still struggle to hear it.
I have a 50in Samsung full HD plasma and had it since about 2009/10
I just keep seeing these good deals on new tv, I thought I may treat myself
Sound is an area where current TVs are weak as well, if that's the main downside to your current model I'd treat yourself to a nice set of speakers or a soundbar.

Now isn't a brilliant time to buy an £800 TV as we've got some interesting technologies coming down in price over the next few years like HDR and OLED. They should make a real improvement to picture quality unlike the last few attempts (3D, Curved, 4K etc.)
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 9th Oct 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants