TV advice please! 43"

Posted 8th Feb 2023
Hello, I have a £350 budget to replace my old LG TV and am finding the choice absolutely mind boggling.

TV is used for films, TV series, sports and lots of kids TV! No gaming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

Categories

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Is the TV used in a very bright room or do you usually enjoy watching in the dark?

Do you all watch sitting straight on in front of the screen, or do you need a wide viewing angle?
    I’d recommend buying from Costco (£15 membership fee to buy online if you don’t have a card already, ANYONE qualifies for online membership and it’s well worth it because of their 5 Year warranty!)

Toshiba UK4D for £239
    costco.co.uk/TVs…059

LG UQ8000 for £344
    costco.co.uk/TVs…631

Both of these are IPS screens with nice wide viewing angles. Both have the same Costco 5yr warranty. I’d say they’re both great value for money but honestly I’d personally take the UK4D and pocket the extra savings. I’ve picked a couple of these up for family and even watching it myself think it looks good.

Finally. If you want a step up in quality and make colours really vivid, the Toshiba QA5D is £299 at Argos and that’s got a QLED Screen and Android TV. But the trade off is only a 1 year warranty.
    argos.co.uk/pro…680
    TCL Roku in Currys
    Richer Sounds often has good prices and a long warranty.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants