Groups

TV Aerial Splitter

I'be just moved into a new flat which has aerial points on the walls in the bedrooms so naturally I've put my TV on the wall.

Now in order to get the point working I have to split the main TV point in the living room and put one cable into the point next to it and one into the TV in the living room - kinda creating a loop.

Now was wondering if these TV splitters are any good or if they lose signal - granted there only like £2 but would like to know if its worth getting one or getting a signal booster.

Sorry if Ive blown your mind n you dont understand but there should be some AV experts here

7 Comments

i dunno about anyone else but i brought a cheap one and the signal is terrible on digital although i think they were built for analogue signals...infact it doesn't even work!

of course they loose signal this is why they are called SPLITTERS if you aerial has good signal tho youl hardly notice

jamstaruk1972;7070747

of course they loose signal this is why they are called SPLITTERS if you … of course they loose signal this is why they are called SPLITTERS if you aerial has good signal tho youl hardly notice

+1
    if it does you need a splitter with a booster.

You can get a splitter dirt cheap at Wilkos.
    like 99p i think.

Original Poster

I think a 99p splitter from Wilkos is needed then

Banned

talk about ambiguous!

Now in order to get the point working I have to split the main TV point in the living room and put one cable into the point next to it and one into the TV in the living room

Splitters are no substitute for a booster (about £8 in argos)

Original Poster

csiman;7079697

talk about ambiguous!Now in order to get the point working I have to … talk about ambiguous!Now in order to get the point working I have to split the main TV point in the living room and put one cable into the point next to it and one into the TV in the living roomSplitters are no substitute for a booster (about £8 in argos)

You kinda have to see it for yourself

we have 3 aerial ports in a row - one says TV the next says FM and the third says RETURN

The splitter needs to go into the TV port and an aerial lead needs to go into the RETURN port and the actual tv

Banned

red_dwarfer;7080136

You kinda have to see it for yourselfwe have 3 aerial ports in a row - … You kinda have to see it for yourselfwe have 3 aerial ports in a row - one says TV the next says FM and the third says RETURNThe splitter needs to go into the TV port and an aerial lead needs to go into the RETURN port and the actual tv

bizarre!

as I say, invest in a booster. works great, especially for digital.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. random company selling fifa 18 for £29.9522
      2. Wall mounting the OLED55B7V34
      3. Recommend accurate weighing scales11
      4. VM Super Hub 3 printer issues36

See more discussions