Found 2nd Jan 2010
help please !
unsure if need new ariel , new tv for christmas , works downstairs ,but not up , downstairs tv does need signal booster , which is in use .
have tryed this with new tv , still no joy ! ariel been up for at least 17yrs ?? unsure how long thet last with out replacing , any help greatly appreciated !!

we do live semi rural , no mobile reception , in house ?? would this effect ,new digital tv , at a loss , please help !!
thanks

1. Ask
  2. TV
  3. Ariel
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. TV
  3. Ariel
13 Comments

I'm no expert but I think you may need a new digital high gain aerial, if you can do the job youself you should be able to getone from Argos, if not look on Yell or in the Yellow Pages for an aerial fitter.

Original Poster

pestiewesties

I'm no expert but I think you may need a new digital high gain aerial, if … I'm no expert but I think you may need a new digital high gain aerial, if you can do the job youself you should be able to getone from Argos, if not look on Yell or in the Yellow Pages for an aerial fitter.

thanks ! do you know how long ariels suppost to last with out replacing ?? again thanks !:|

aw08

thanks ! do you know how long ariels suppost to last with out replacing … thanks ! do you know how long ariels suppost to last with out replacing ?? again thanks !:|

There is no such thing as a digital ariel!!!!! I would advise you to get a new ariel though as yours does not sound very good.I suggest you have a look what your neighbours have and if they have good reception get the same.If you have good reception now on the analog signal you should have a good signal after the switch over.The companies advertising digital ariels are just trying to cash in.Ariels can last years as long as they don't get water in to the cable.If you want to do it yourself it is easy to do and if you live nr Barnsley i can point you to a very helpful shop ( who wont rip you off) where i got mine from 18 yrs ago and still working like a dream

By Digital aerial I actually meant one that was digitally compatible!

Original Poster

dcx_badass

+1 no such thing as a digitial aerial, it's just a piece of metal.Anyway … +1 no such thing as a digitial aerial, it's just a piece of metal.Anyway OP, so you have a roof mounted aerial and get a picture from it on the downstairs cable but not upstairs? I couldn't really understand your post.

sorry ! we live mildly remote area , our tv does need a signal boster to get recetion on tv ,

has been up for at least 17yrs no problems , good picture on the telly .

got new tv for daughts bedroom at christmas , cannot get picture on it !¬! wondering why !!!?
is the arie the cause ?? unsure what we need to do !?

will check neighbours in day light , thanks for suggestio , sorry it was confusing !

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Have you tried her TV with the main aerial downstairs?

yes it works on mail ariel downstairs , but not on other ariel upstairs , not sure why !!

thanks for comments & help !

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Are they using the same aerial with different wires or completely … Are they using the same aerial with different wires or completely different aerials (upstairs an indoor?)?

different ariel out door , upstairs , have tried with and with out signal booster , we have never had an additional tv , upstairs

have been adviced to try indoor ariel !! thanks again for help !!

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Possibly a dodgy cable or lose connection, so you have two external … Possibly a dodgy cable or lose connection, so you have two external aerials, one feeding downstairs and one feeding upstairs?

we have 2 ariels that were on the house when we bought it 17ys ago , only ever had tv downstairs ,
untill trying this one after christmas , stumped !

need to get it checked out now , thnaks for help !

try this one mate works a treat for me and only £7.70 delivered cant go wrong http://****.co.uk/Mag…b00

Ebay item number 110631840512 link wont work
Edited by: "999lofty" 10th Jan 2011

Buy a set-top aerial for a tenner from Argos for 'testing' purposes then take it back if you don't need it.

Original Poster

Dude1971

Buy a set-top aerial for a tenner from Argos for 'testing' purposes then … Buy a set-top aerial for a tenner from Argos for 'testing' purposes then take it back if you don't need it.

which one ?? please !!

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

I use this one, it's amplified and I've had no issues with two of them. The only thing that makes it blip is if you turn off the electrical plugs in the same room, it makes the screen go pixelated for a split second, but apart from that it's fine.

As I said, if it doesn't work just take it back?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mobile phone advice22
    2. Anyone know of any budget laptops which charge through USB-C?55
    3. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?23
    4. dakine backpacks22

See more discussions