Groups

TV Audio help

Hi, I bought an LG7000 in the sales the other day and have been playing my xbox through component with the sound handled via optical out (on the xbox) but I want to switch to HDMI.

Now, If I use the HDMI to connect my xbox to the TV and then use the built in optical out on my TV, will the sound remain 5.1? Or will it be downgraded to stereo?

Thanks

8 Comments

There really is only one way to find out, but I suspect that the the throughput will be 5.1

This might help you though

chadledford.com/?p=50

No, the output from the optical on the TV is very likely to by 2 channel PCM (Stereo) HDMI can carry 5.1 audio,

Original Poster

LRGM;3916056

There really is only one way to find out, but I suspect that the the … There really is only one way to find out, but I suspect that the the throughput will be 5.1This might help you though http://www.chadledford.com/?p=50

That does look like what I might need.

I thought that the TV output would be 2.1 becuase putting an onboard amp on it would be too expensive.. Sh*t :x

My tv only outputs the freeview sound through the digital out. I did use a hacked video cable as suggested above but I found that it reset the xbox every time I switched source on the tv so in the end I bought one of the official cables off ebay.

Original Poster

You can buy a hdmi with optical port for the 360?

Jo3l;3919447

You can buy a hdmi with optical port for the 360?

yeah curry's sell them, lots of places do ........ price wise ....... no idea :lol:

]found it

Original Poster

Ohhh, Ive seen those. But 2 problems.

I read that they dont support 1080p (1920*1080) and that theyre the exact same quality as the composite Im already using..

faevilangel;3919540

yeah curry's sell them, lots of places do ........ price wise ....... no … yeah curry's sell them, lots of places do ........ price wise ....... no idea :lol:]found it

Thats not it, thats VGA
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846165
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764205
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31136
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio33

See more discussions