TV BEING REPLACED UNDER SKY PROTECT, WHAT DO THEY DO?

Posted 4th Jun 2019
As per above, our TV was took away, most likely a replacement I was told.

will it be a refurb or a new product offered at original value or decreased value? Owned for about 4-5 yrs.

Awaiting call tomorrow but want to know what to expect

Many Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Look in the T&Cs when you signed up .
KemCol04/06/2019 18:21

Look in the T&Cs when you signed up .

Looking for more of a layman terms from someone who’s actually made a claim recently and gone through the process.
Run by Domestic & General Insurance PLC
If it's D and G I had washer replaced and replaced with a similar model (new). They had preferred suppliers so gave me a few options of what I could have, took details and did bit of research then phoned back to tell them what I wanted.
ANDYwwww98704/06/2019 20:48

If it's D and G I had washer replaced and replaced with a similar model …If it's D and G I had washer replaced and replaced with a similar model (new). They had preferred suppliers so gave me a few options of what I could have, took details and did bit of research then phoned back to tell them what I wanted.

Sounds good.

I have a Samsung 3D 1080P 48” TV or did have, no available now to buy obviously so looking at a 4K newer model that’s available? Will be new?

thanks bud
When D&G replaced my Bravia they gave me a list of tv’s of similar spec I could get as a replacement.
loopylloyd04/06/2019 21:12

Sounds good.I have a Samsung 3D 1080P 48” TV or did have, no available now …Sounds good.I have a Samsung 3D 1080P 48” TV or did have, no available now to buy obviously so looking at a 4K newer model that’s available? Will be new?thanks bud

Since your television is no longer made they will send you a 28" CRT television as a replacement. That's what happened to me when I made a claim back in 2004.
samosa05/06/2019 00:57

When D&G replaced my Bravia they gave me a list of tv’s of similar spec I c …When D&G replaced my Bravia they gave me a list of tv’s of similar spec I could get as a replacement.

This is exactly what they did.

For anyone ever looking and come through google search.

I didn’t get a call from D&G. I got an email with three £0.00 option similar TV’s, I also got two enhanced options with different upgrade amounts.

You can also ring them to check other TV’s and the amounts needed for upgrade etc. Also can order on phone. I ordered online despite checking a few models and prices. I went with a £0.00 free model.

Recommend Sky Protect, I made claim on Saturday, the company came yesterday (Tuesday) and took the TV away (brief visit) and today late on after 20:00 hrs I ordered the TV online and it’s being delivered on Friday by AO! Who I rate.

Good turnaround. You nearly barely speak to anyone if you wished. Other than the TV being picked up!
Edited by: "loopylloyd" 5th Jun 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants