Tv brands

Posted 16th Oct
Hey I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for tv brands, Looking for a 40”+ smart tv but I’m not sure what brands are great anymore, I have a sharp tv and the sound is absolutely atrocious.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, LG, and many others all make good TVs. If sound is important to you, then you'll probably be disappointed with all of them, and willl want a soundbar or home theatre system to go with it.
LG are good. Ours is excellent
bo0td16/10/2019 18:53

Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, LG, and many others all make good TVs. If sound …Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, LG, and many others all make good TVs. If sound is important to you, then you'll probably be disappointed with all of them, and willl want a soundbar or home theatre system to go with it.

I’ve got a sound bar which works great! thanks for the recommendations
Lg, Samsung or Sony
Just curious, why is the sound poor from your Sharp when you use the soundbar with it?
The main manufacturers of TVs for the European market are Sony, Panasonic, LG, Samsung, Philips (AOC), Hisense and Vestel. The last one you won't see as a name badge on TVs but they're a big company that owns various ex-brands and makes TVs for other brands so Toshiba, JVC, Hitatchi, Polaroid, Finlux and so on are all Vestel owned or made.

Sharp is a bit of an odd one because they sold their TV factory to an obscure European manufacturer called UMC but have recently bought up that company again after Sharp were acquired by Foxconn. They also have the Blaupunkt licence.

There are also a few low end models from Hisense's Chinese competitors (Skyworth etc.) kicking around under various odd brands like Cello/Goodmans and ElectricQ. They're generally just as dire as the budget Hisense models.

In terms of 'great' brands there's nobody putting out exceptional TVs in the budget or mid-range part of the market at the moment, all the focus is on the emerging new technologies at the high end like HDR and OLED.

A good first step is to read a few reviews to see how TVs differ and then think about what you want from the TV, such as which apps you'd want to use on the Smart TV platform.
Haircut_10016/10/2019 19:15

Just curious, why is the sound poor from your Sharp when you use the …Just curious, why is the sound poor from your Sharp when you use the soundbar with it?

I had to get a sound bar because the sound was so bad ... it’s very high pitched and tinny
shay1234517/10/2019 02:22

I had to get a sound bar because the sound was so bad ... it’s very high p …I had to get a sound bar because the sound was so bad ... it’s very high pitched and tinny

I thought that you were saying the sound was poor when you were using the sound bar with the Sharp.
I would recommend LG.
Dealzonwheels17/10/2019 16:46

I would recommend LG.

Thanks! fingers crossed there are great deals for Black Friday/cyber Monday
EndlessWaves16/10/2019 21:01

The main manufacturers of TVs for the European market are Sony, Panasonic, …The main manufacturers of TVs for the European market are Sony, Panasonic, LG, Samsung, Philips (AOC), Hisense and Vestel. The last one you won't see as a name badge on TVs but they're a big company that owns various ex-brands and makes TVs for other brands so Toshiba, JVC, Hitatchi, Polaroid, Finlux and so on are all Vestel owned or made. Sharp is a bit of an odd one because they sold their TV factory to an obscure European manufacturer called UMC but have recently bought up that company again after Sharp were acquired by Foxconn. They also have the Blaupunkt licence.There are also a few low end models from Hisense's Chinese competitors (Skyworth etc.) kicking around under various odd brands like Cello/Goodmans and ElectricQ. They're generally just as dire as the budget Hisense models. In terms of 'great' brands there's nobody putting out exceptional TVs in the budget or mid-range part of the market at the moment, all the focus is on the emerging new technologies at the high end like HDR and OLED.A good first step is to read a few reviews to see how TVs differ and then think about what you want from the TV, such as which apps you'd want to use on the Smart TV platform.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants