Groups

TV competitions

So I often wondered what the chance of winning on those ITV competitions was, and how much money they were raking in. It may be that these figures are readily available elsewhere but a recent Ofcom report has given some details.

A Dickinson's Real Deal comp that gave a prize of £2,000 had almost 16,000 entries! At £1 each!

They were entries that were paid for and do not include the free via internet entries that savvy HDUK members use. So I now understand why I have never won anything from these comps and also realise that I am in the wrong business...

7 Comments

Original Poster

Yeah they're just rip off merchants.
    Competitions like these or vote in competitions make truckloads of cash.

Banned

also friends and family of the producers always win, thats why you never hear about who's won

Original Poster

I wanna know who the gadget show winners are. Remember the one where Suzi was gonna deliver the prizes personally, that must have made headlines somewhere.

jubbyme;8175131

also friends and family of the producers always win, thats why you never … also friends and family of the producers always win, thats why you never hear about who's won

well thats not true because i won a car and a years worth of petrol on this morning,with a free web entry so my advise is if it doesnt cost you keep trying !:thumbsup:

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8175170

http://www.five.tv/articles/winners :whistling:

Banned

housefan;8175202

well thats not true because i won a car and a years worth of petrol on … well thats not true because i won a car and a years worth of petrol on this morning,with a free web entry so my advise is if it doesnt cost you keep trying !:thumbsup:

I'm glad someone actually won a good prize! :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow813
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force810
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927372
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2256

See more discussions