Expired

Tv digital recievers wanted (to pick up my sky from downstairs)

19 replies
Found 14th Oct 2009
need the digi thingy that will pick up my sky from down stairs to my upstairs tv i dont have have a clue what its called so trying to find the best price is impossible!!

i dont know if you can get em so you can point remote and switch over upstairs would be great again i dont know if they do them or not.

Any help would be great

19 Comments

wireless tv transmitter £28.99 new @ Play.com: play.com/Ele…tml

I have tried lots of these all are crap for me not worth the hassle and cost.

Original Poster

thanks would i be able to send back if they dont work?

loulou1981;6577235

thanks would i be able to send back if they dont work?

Try some from Argos

To turn over the tv upstairs you need the tv link hooked up with a coax cable in to the back of the sky box downstairs.The tv link plugs in to the upstairs tv and it has a "magic" eye for the remote signal. ]http//ww…nlA

I had those ones from play and the signal is bad,fuzzy pic etc and you can't turn the tv over with them. The magic eye works without fault

I got a magic eye kit and second remote control from Ebay, it works perfectly :-)

The main advantage of wireless digisenders compared to the Magic Eye option is that the audio is sent in stereo and also the picture is a composite signal which is better quality than the signal from using the Magic Eye option. The RF2 output on the back of the Sky box (used for Magic Eye) only transmits audio in mono and as it is UHF, the signal is inferior to the composite signal of a digisender (which isn't great anyway).

Of course, wireless digisenders can interfere with other wireless devices using the same frequency range as most use 2.4 Ghz range. 5.8 GHz wireless digisenders are available for a bit more but they too can interfere with some of the latest wireless routers.

Typical prices of a 2.4 GHz wireless digisender is around £20. For a 5.8 GHz digisender, it will be over £40, although Maplin had them for £30 temporarily. A Magic Eye kit can be had for under £10.

I've just bought a magic eye...great idea!!!!!! thanks time4usuall

£5.75 plus free delivery

Original Poster

sands;6578918

£5.75 plus free delivery

where from?

Original Poster

so all i need is to run a cable from the eye to my 2nd tv? thats alot of cable and hassle getting it to from my lounge to my bedroom though

loulou1981;6579440

so all i need is to run a cable from the eye to my 2nd tv? thats alot of … so all i need is to run a cable from the eye to my 2nd tv? thats alot of cable and hassle getting it to from my lounge to my bedroom though

Not too bad out through the wall and up the side of the house:thumbsup:

You run the cable from the back of the sky box and up into the magic eye in the 2nd tv

A local handyman would probably do it for less than the cost of a wireless transmitter

Original Poster

i got one today from a 2nd hand shop for a few quid so got someone coming round today and going to give it ago

loulou1981;6586101

i got one today from a 2nd hand shop for a few quid so got someone coming … i got one today from a 2nd hand shop for a few quid so got someone coming round today and going to give it ago

Sweet enjoy upstairs sky

Original Poster

Oh problem i connected it quite easily but the lil red light aint coming on and not doing anything. from reading online it has to go through the rf2 outlet which i have to go up hardware shop tomorrow to get. Is there anything else i need to do? with the sky box? or should the red light switch on and pick up signal straight away without changing sky setttings etc...?

loulou1981;6587230

Oh problem i connected it quite easily but the lil red light aint coming … Oh problem i connected it quite easily but the lil red light aint coming on and not doing anything. from reading online it has to go through the rf2 outlet which i have to go up hardware shop tomorrow to get. Is there anything else i need to do? with the sky box? or should the red light switch on and pick up signal straight away without changing sky setttings etc...?

Have you enabled the RF Power supply?

If not Press 'Services', 4, 0, 1 to get to the service menu, then select RF outlets and turn RF Power Supply to on...

The TV link should also be the first thing hooked up from the RF2 feed for it to work.

Original Poster

i havent got a "0" option ? i press 4 which takes me too system setup then its 1-9

loulou1981;6588830

i havent got a "0" option ? i press 4 which takes me too system setup … i havent got a "0" option ? i press 4 which takes me too system setup then its 1-9

Option 0 is hidden.

Also, you need to tune the TV that is connected to RF2 to match the tuning frequency on the RF2 output of the sky box.

There is plenty of information here on how to set the frequency of the RF2 output and to tune in your TV to match the frequency at this site:

ukfree.tv/hel…117
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. MacBook33
    2. Gala Bingo/Games. Deposit £5 get £40 cashback. Quidco - new Gala members22
    3. Why can't I connect my nectar to eBay?58
    4. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!34

See more discussions